Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs Week 13 vs. Jets
(12-03-2017, 06:57 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(12-03-2017, 04:28 PM)Razorchief Wrote: Secondary being non-existent except to blow tackles, blow coverage and get penalties--Smith's fault

Jets third down conversions--Smith's fault

guy throws four touchdowns and it is still his fault

Yeah, look at all of these people blaming Smith today.  

*looks around*

Shit, nobody is doing that.  

Blaming Smith for today is like blaming the defense for losing to the Giants.

I posted that because all I have heard is to blame Smith. I get tired of people blaming Smith when there is plenty to go around. Start with our defense.
(12-03-2017, 04:22 PM)tyecopeland Wrote: Hey! After today we won't be in the playoff standings anymore. Either the Chargers or the Raiders (probably both) will jump over us at the top of the AFC West. So we can look forward to not having to watch this team for an extra game in January.

I was wrong. 3 way tie with the raiders and chargers leaves us at the top. So we're still in the playoffs despite 4 straight terrible losses
(12-03-2017, 07:27 PM)Razorchief Wrote:
(12-03-2017, 06:57 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(12-03-2017, 04:28 PM)Razorchief Wrote: Secondary being non-existent except to blow tackles, blow coverage and get penalties--Smith's fault

Jets third down conversions--Smith's fault

guy throws four touchdowns and it is still his fault

Yeah, look at all of these people blaming Smith today.  

*looks around*

Shit, nobody is doing that.  

Blaming Smith for today is like blaming the defense for losing to the Giants.

I posted that because all I have heard is to blame Smith. I get tired of people blaming Smith when there is plenty to go around. Start with our defense.

Game to game.  I'm skeptical everyone was 'blaming Smith' after this game.  I find it more likely it was after the offense faceplanted against the giants and Bills, for which criticism was WELL deserved.

Don't tell me the defense was to blame for Buffalo or NYG.  

Telling me that would be as silly as me blaming Alex for this loss.  I'm going to throw shade at alex when he plays like crap, just like anyone else.  He doesn't get immunity.  Doesn't equal 'blaming him for everything'.  Dude was the mad goddamn bomber today.  I'm a simple man.  If the offense scores more than 24, I expect to win.  When the defense holds the opposition to 20 or less, I expect to win.  If that doesn't happen, the majority blame goes to the squad that didn't do their job.

Besides, we should be focused on tossing shade at Peters.  Dude is a total head case.  No way you extend him.  I know he's good (though not so much this year) but you don't date a crazy psycho just because she's hot.  I mean... you do for a while, but you gotta know when to cut the cord.
(12-03-2017, 07:11 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote: The loss today wasn't in smith. It was a team effort. Jesus. When was the last time a team was so good and became so bad in one season like this? What the hell happened?

I just don't understand why the defense and offense can't show up on the same day.  

D was horrific.  Could not tackle, plays with no passion, incredibly passive... it's so irritating.  What the hell happened to this defense over the past 2 years?  You could see them decline last year, but it seems like there's talent on the DL and LB corps (secondary sucks) so I'm just no sure why it's THIS bad.
Different week, same disgust.  Alex Smith hit an open Tyreek Hill and Kelce a few times and scrambled for 70 yards, but he’s still the same QB.  He won’t be taking any team to the super bowl in the near ever.  Even after he ran for 70, the next few downs he took two sacks with open receivers downfield.  And he is no closer.  At the end of the game, his last two plays, terrible decisions.

That said, the defense lost it today.  Good teams don’t let other teams get that many 3rd down conversions or let a 38 year old Josh McNown dominate them.  We give other teams too many second chances with stupid penalties, the pass rush is non existent, and our def backs can’t cover anyone.  We are not a playoff team.  My only hope now is that the Chargers win the division and not the Raiders, because I hate them less.
Nor do they let a team get 13 plays in a row inside the 5 yard line
[Image: HG.gif]
(12-03-2017, 08:04 PM)warthog Wrote: Different week, same disgust.  Alex Smith hit an open Tyreek Hill and Kelce a few times and scrambled for 70 yards, but he’s still the same QB.  He won’t be taking any team to the super bowl in the near ever.  Even after he ran for 70, the next few downs he took two sacks with open receivers downfield.  And he is no closer.  At the end of the game, his last two plays, terrible decisions.

That said, the defense lost it today.  Good teams don’t let other teams get that many 3rd down conversions or let a 38 year old Josh McNown dominate them.  We give other teams too many second chances with stupid penalties, the pass rush is non existent, and our def backs can’t cover anyone.  We are not a playoff team.  My only hope now is that the Chargers win the division and not the Raiders, because I hate them less.

Yeah, I didn't want to nitpick him too much after that run.  

He was clearly gassed afterwards.
Missed this game because I was teaching women's self defense.

And... not sorry.  Not sorry one bit.
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
(12-04-2017, 08:19 AM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote: Missed this game because I was teaching women's self defense.

And... not sorry.  Not sorry one bit.
I spent the whole day at the race track improving my skills.... I do not regret missing this game at all. I have accepted the fact that this team will find a way to lose. It is almost like we have become the Chargers and the Raiders. ugh
[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!
Took my daughter to the Knicks game (another loss).  Ate cotton candy.  Saw some sad Chiefs fans on mass transit on the way home.
[Image: fmksup.gif]
sig by yours truly