Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs Week 12 vs. Bills
Early in the Chiefs skid it was easy to excuse at least some problems. They were close losses to good teams. Some of the problems seemed correctable with coaching, a change in scheme, or some players getting healthy. But now the losses have began to stack up.

Dropping a game for any reason to a 1-8 team is damn near impossible to explain away, especially if you have any postseason designs.

The postseason is far from a forgone conclusion in any sense, either making it or having any expected success, but the Chiefs remain firmly entrenched at the top of the division with a two game lead despite their best efforts to piss it away.

The Bills on the surface look like an average team, complete with their 5-5 record. However they have a -42 point differential. This is a team the Chiefs need to beat to get back on track, because otherwise this skid could snowball even worse. The Chiefs need to regain some of their early season swagger.
I believe that if AS11 continues to play like his head up in his ass, the natives are going to be restless.....
(11-22-2017, 11:53 PM)Coach Wrote: I believe that if AS11 continues to play like his head up in his ass, the natives are going to be restless.....
This could be the case, or the play calling.. they are both a toss up.
[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!
Seriously believe the problem has been the play calling.  But so help me if I see one damned shovel pass
[Image: HG.gif]
(11-24-2017, 04:24 PM)HG Wrote: Seriously believe the problem has been the play calling.  But so help me if I see one damned shovel pass

Play-calling has also not been good from what I've, but I genuinely wonder about Alex's reads some times.  He seems to not see the open guy downfield a lot.
(11-24-2017, 05:02 PM)NOLA Wrote:
(11-24-2017, 04:24 PM)HG Wrote: Seriously believe the problem has been the play calling.  But so help me if I see one damned shovel pass

Play-calling has also not been good from what I've, but I genuinely wonder about Alex's reads some times.  He seems to not see the open guy downfield a lot.

These things are related to each other.

KC is calling games the way they are to avoid asking Alex to drop back, read the defense, and throw the ball.  They don't trust him to do it.  That same gimmick shit is why he was performing so well early on.  How many passing TD's on his stat sheet are a result of that damned shovel pass?  4?

I agree they should stop doing it.  Let him play QB.  Sink or swim.  No more protecting him with playcalling.
This is so sad. Really hard to watch.
OK, I have seen enough of Alex Smith.  His decision making and accuracy his horrible today. He is missing open receivers and his only contribution is to run.

Five straight three and outs is unacceptable.
And once again, gifted great field position and AS11 refuses to throw to or just misses Kelce in the middle of the field.
OK, so we can move the ball with only short passes and hill screens. I hope this momentum keeps going as the first half was horrible.