Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs Chiefs Sign CB Darrelle Revis
(11-24-2017, 04:42 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:
(11-24-2017, 02:35 PM)mabbott Wrote: By the comments, I can feel the excitement.

It's a desperation move and we all know it. That being said, it does have the potential to help. We'd have been even less excited to hear Reid or Sutton hold a press conference about how awesome the defensive backfield has been.
I agree that it is a desperation move; however, it had to be done. Our secondary is a huge weakness. I feel that if Revis is able to perform better than what we have, then it was worth it. At least Revis isn't a penalty creating machine. He will get the benefit of the doubt just because of who he is. Unlike our current CBs failing to follow back cover rules.
[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!
2 year contract with no guaranteed money next year. Vets minimum for this year. It's definitely worth that little risk.
(11-24-2017, 09:21 PM)tyecopeland Wrote: 2 year contract with no guaranteed money next year. Vets minimum for this year. It's definitely worth that little risk.

I don't think anyone is objecting to the contract or the risk.  

This is more like public grieving.
Just to make a point... Revis didn't get cut because he's terrible.  Revis was cut because he made WAY too much money and isn't the shut down CB he used to be.  I'm very doubtful he'll be worse than Gaines.  That being said, there's nothing coincidental about the timing if you understand how NFL doles out benefits..

Make your Ty Law Jokes.  

Law was signed because he was a Manning-Killer, and KC couldn't get past Indy.  Ty Law picked Manning off 3 times in a playoff game and had the offense done ANYTHING (no first downs in the entire first half) they would have beat the Colts.  

Ty Law did more to win that playoff game than anyone else on KC's team and for one season he gave them enough.