Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Travel Thread
So how many of us here travel?  Is it for pleasure?  Business?  Both?  What are the locations you go to? 

One of my favorite locations when I traveled was in Hawaii.  It was beautiful, the water and the beaches was very clean, and seeing the Pearl Harbor Memorial was beautiful.

Recently, I went to Gulf Shores, AL, and while it was fun, me and the wife ran smack-dab right into Tropical Storm Cindy.  At least I now can say that I survived a Tropical Storm.....

Share some of your stories.
I don't get to travel much these days.

But I will be traveling to KC next week for the holiday.

Getting together with friends, and scouting. And eating DECENT BBQ.
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
Gulf Shores and Orange Beach have been a favorite of mine since my first trip there in mid 60's. Sure has changed a lot. Bimini in the Bahamas was a very fun stop on one of the sailing trips I did with friends. Would love to get up into Vermont and New Hampshire some time. Especially in the fall.
I just went to Garden City, KS via Denver for my grandfather's 100th birthday party.  The party and seeing the family (and meeting some extended family) was pretty cool.  And Garden City in November is just a delight.
I travel for work now.  In the past year or so I've been to:

Chennai, India
Manila, Philippines
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Las Vegas, NV
Atlanta, GA
Manchester, NH
Portland, ME
Richmond, VA
Denver, CO
Los Angeles, CA
Cincinnati, OH

Probably a few others I can't think of at the moment.
(11-14-2017, 10:54 AM)DallasChief Wrote: I travel for work now.  In the past year or so I've been to:

Chennai, India
Manila, Philippines
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Las Vegas, NV
Atlanta, GA
Manchester, NH
Portland, ME
Richmond, VA
Denver, CO
Los Angeles, CA
Cincinnati, OH

I'm pretty jealous.  You've been to Cincinnati.
This summer we took our annual family cruise and stopped in Grand Cayman, Jamaica and Cozumel.
(11-14-2017, 10:56 AM)NOLA Wrote:
(11-14-2017, 10:54 AM)DallasChief Wrote: I travel for work now.  In the past year or so I've been to:

Chennai, India
Manila, Philippines
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Las Vegas, NV
Atlanta, GA
Manchester, NH
Portland, ME
Richmond, VA
Denver, CO
Los Angeles, CA
Cincinnati, OH

I'm pretty jealous.  You've been to Cincinnati.

Downtown Cinci is actually quite nice.  Smile
I have been fortunate to have traveled for most of my adult life. I was in the Army for 23 years and traveled the world.  I have yet to go to Australia and this will happen within the next few years. I have traveled to every state in the United States and I am working on doing that again so my wife can say the same thing.

Until 3 months ago I traveled for over half of the month every month for my job. That got old considering that is what I did for most of my career in the Army. I transferred to a new position and now my travel keeps me in California.

This is a good thing as all my travel is now for pleasure!  Woohoo!
[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!
My buddy from India says that Australia is the most racist place he's ever been.