Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs Week 11 @ Giants, Normal As Hell Game
(11-18-2017, 04:32 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(11-17-2017, 01:23 PM)NOLA Wrote:
(11-17-2017, 01:04 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(11-16-2017, 09:58 AM)NOLA Wrote:
(11-16-2017, 07:42 AM)tyecopeland Wrote: Nope. He got a vote of confidence which means he'll be gone before the end of the season or the day after it ends.

Holy shit.  That that dude still has a job is mind-blowing to me.

It's hard to be a disciplinarian coach when the players don't respect you.

And, well... plenty of Giants players have made it crystal clear that they don't respect him.

I don't think the disciplinarian schtick works nearly as well at the pro level where, y'know, adults are working for a living by playing.  Even Vermeil had a team turn on him for that shit (us, in 2005).

Yeah, it CAN work, sure, but far less effectively than college.  In college the players fear the coach because he can end them.  In the pros, the team has to respect the coach, and it MUST bring results in order for the players to respect him.  Belichick is like that, but if not for Brady saving the 01 season, he'd have been fired because the team hated his guts.  They still hated him in 2003 when they cut Milloy, but they kept winning.  

2 seasons tops.  Teams MUST produce in season 2 or the players will run them out of town.

Vermeil wasn't at all a disciplinarian, but I know what you mean.  He just worked guys really hard.  So hard it's against the CBA to work them HALF as hard as DV did.   DV and Parcells both did this, but I'd only consider parcells a disciplinarian coach.  DV was a players coach.  The guy who was always trying to be their friend and bringing in players with character questions.  I mean, he had them over by position group to his house where his wife made them dinner.  The only guy I remember that turned on DV was Larry Johnson, and that was because Larry Johnson is an asshole was was mad about being in KC anyway.  I remember KC players saying they'd play for DV in a concrete alleyway.

I agree with pretty much everything you said about Grandpa Vermeil (still my favorite KC coach), except the players turning on him.  I remember reading a few weird rumors that he had "lost the locker room", and it sounded like it was coming more from the defensive players.  And yeah, it stemmed from the two-a-days and full-pad practices between games, amongst other issues.
Shepard is likely out with an illness. If we don't absolutely dominate this game....

Their only weapon is Engram if Shepard doesn't go.
Can anyone tell me why Akeem Hunt is our kick returner?
(11-19-2017, 01:05 PM)warthog Wrote: Can anyone tell me why Akeem Hunt is our kick returner?

He does kickoffs. They save hill for the punt returns.
[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates
https://www.facebook.com/nathan.ryan.pierson
Well, 3 trick plays by the Giants on their first drive. So much for my theory that this is a "normal as hell" game. Not surprising to see it backfire, because there's a reason people don't do trick plays all the time.
(11-19-2017, 01:13 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:
(11-19-2017, 01:05 PM)warthog Wrote: Can anyone tell me why Akeem Hunt is our kick returner?

He does kickoffs. They save hill for the punt returns.

And they can’t find anyone better than Akeem Hunt?  That’s sad.
I’m not really surprised that we’ve been dominated by the 1-8 Giants.  We are playing horrible lately.  Key mistakes, key penalties, bad quarterback play.  Looks like the bye didn’t help.
Penalties are killing us.
We are pretty awful. We're going to be trailing the giants at halftime. How can we be this bad with penalties? Are we the fucking raiders?
This is pitiful, no matter what happens.  What I would give to have the Jaguar defense.