Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs Week 9 @ Cowboys, Trip to Jurrah Wurld
The 6-2 Chiefs are preparing for a Sunday afternoon stroll into Jurrah Wurld, home of the Big Fucking TV, another middling overrated 4-3 Cowboys team, and the most incredible collection of people nostalgic for the 90s shy of an X-Files fan forum (sorry CC and NOLA).

The Chiefs are coming off of a MNF home victory that felt immensely different than their others this season, but still familiar. The Chiefs won due to an impressive defensive performance. They still gave up a ton of yards (364 total), but they actually did one of the key things that makes "bend but don't break" defenses work. They got turnovers. 5 of them even, 3 of which flowed out of the conduit that runs the Denver offense, the Trevster. Also, Travis Kelce is hella good and Steven Nelson looked solid in his return.

The Cowboys are also coming off of a big division win, though their win was on the road and in the rain. The Redskins are a little beat up now, so it isn't the quality win most Chiefs fans would assume based on our earlier game against them. In fact, none of the teams the Cowboys have beaten have a winning record. We'll know a lot more about the Cowboys after they face the Chiefs, travel to Megatron's Butthole to face Atlanta, then return home to face Philly.

There's the extra storyline that guarantees this game will get at least some national coverage, "What will happen with Zeke's suspension?". Currently he is slated to be suspended for this game, but he's likely seeking an injunction. We'll know for sure today, I guess. I don't know the details of the case regarding the suspension, or the original domestic violence case that prompted it, but I make up for that lack of proficiency by knowing even less about the process.

The rest of the AFC West all lost and have losing records at the moment, including the Broncos. Despite how good the division looked earlier in the season, and I still suspect most of these teams are some level of decent, the Chiefs are the only team with a positive point differential. That's +56 compared to -2 for the Bolts, -20 for the Broncos, and -21 for the Raiders. It's clear at the moment the division crown will be the Chiefs again barring an epic collapse, especially considering the schedule gets easier after the bye.

Excellent opportunity for the Chiefs to pull further away from the pack in the West, keep pace with the other AFC leaders, and get a little more healthy with the upcoming bye.
We need a run stopping safety... I am leaning towards hoping we can snag TJ Ward from the Bucs to make our secondary better. Murray has disappointed me thus far and we need something better.
[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!
I work in an office that is 95% Cowboys fans. Me, a Pats fan and a Niners fan.

NOTHING would be finer than to walk in here on a Chiefs Victory Monday, lemme tell ya.

Nothing.

Although I'll have to say none of the Cowboys fans are confident that they're gonna win.  They are all scared of the Chiefs.
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
This game will probably be 76-74.
(10-31-2017, 02:42 PM)DallasChief Wrote: This game will probably be 76-74.

Do we win in this scenario?

Also, this isn't really related, but I stumbled across this on youtube a couple of weeks, and I've been meaning to leave it somewhere for you.

At least the good news is that Elliott is suspended, so that saves the Chiefs run _efense some embarrassment.

The bad news is the Cowboys OL, while not elite like it used to be, is still very good.
(11-01-2017, 12:19 PM)Coach Wrote: At least the good news is that Elliott is suspended, so that saves the Chiefs run _efense some embarrassment.

The bad news is the Cowboys OL, while not elite like it used to be, is still very good.

Justin Houston, on the other hand, is elite like he used to be.  Good times.
Tamba Hali should be back.
Both of the defenses are putrid. If the over is anywhere in the 50s it's worth a few hundred dollar bet.
[Image: Rick%26MortyS02_Header_REF.png]
(11-01-2017, 12:26 PM)NOLA Wrote:
(11-01-2017, 12:19 PM)Coach Wrote: At least the good news is that Elliott is suspended, so that saves the Chiefs run _efense some embarrassment.

Justin Houston, on the other hand, is elite like he used to be.  Good times.

Correct, I got no issues with Houston.

Zombo/Ford on the other hand.....

Even if Hali comes back, I have my doubts that he'll be the answer.