Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs Week 9 @ Cowboys, Trip to Jurrah Wurld
(11-06-2017, 11:41 AM)NOLA Wrote: This team is starting to bum me out.  Probably a good week for a bye.

Let's be honest, most of us had marked DAL as a loss coming into this week. KC just doesn't win there. 

We can make the argument that the KC fans would have been stoked with a 6-3 start to the brutal first 9 games of this season. We just had a general consensus that the W's and L's would have come from different places or this team would have taken an L or two more than they actually did. The schedule also included 3 games in an 11 day span. WTF is up with your emphasis on player safety, NFL? The post bye part of the season is relatively soft but we can still feel what is looming on the horizon: 10-6, 11-5 or 12-4 with a playoff loss @ PIT or NE. Until they can get over that hump or get a gift post-season where the stars align and key players on both of those teams get injured get injured (Hi, 2016 Denver) they'll never get to the SB. 

I completely agree, it is a great week for a break. However when its "go time" again it's just the same old story. Threads are unraveling and the team is slowly, painfully moving toward being an also ran, yet again. In the words of Roger Murtaugh, "I'm gettin' too old for this shit."
[Image: Rick%26MortyS02_Header_REF.png]
A month ago we were touted as the best team in the NFL, now we’ll be lucky just to be the best team in a crappy division.
I'm torn. On one hand if you told me at the beginning of the year we would be 6-3 I would have been thrilled. But going 1-3 in the last 4 games has really put a damper on things. 

Here's hoping the team can make the most of the bye week and make the needed adjustments.
[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates
https://www.facebook.com/nathan.ryan.pierson
(11-07-2017, 09:15 AM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote: I'm torn. On one hand if you told me at the beginning of the year we would be 6-3 I would have been thrilled. But going 1-3 in the last 4 games has really put a damper on things. 

Here's hoping the team can make the most of the bye week and make the needed adjustments.

I'm not excited this year for the same reason I wasn't excited last year... I have no reason right now to believe this team can play well enough to contend for a Super Bowl come January.  A month ago, I had hope for that.  But these past few weeks have really exposed warts on both sides of the ball.
Put in Mahommes!
(11-08-2017, 09:53 AM)DallasChief Wrote: Put in Mahommes!

Just your avatar alone keeps you ignored
[Image: HG.gif]
(11-08-2017, 09:53 AM)DallasChief Wrote: Put in Mahommes!

I knew the moment Alex threw his first interception I'd hear calls for Mahomes, I just didn't expect it to be the end of the 9th game of the season.
I defended Alex's play last week using Seth Keysor's All 22 review. It's only fair I link to this week's far less favorable review.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/11/8...ex-returns

Definitely a lot of missed opportunities and happy feet.