Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs Week 7 @ Raiders, Thursday Night Football
The Chiefs finally have their first blemish. They looked beyond defeated in the first half, but kept the score relatively close against the Steelers and made a game of it towards the end. Andy arguably made a mistake by not going for 3 to make the game a one score affair in the 4th, but the Chiefs still had an opportunity to win anyway and let it slip away.

It may have been a totally different result if Peters intercepted a ball that hit him in the facemask, but instead it bounced into AB's arms for a crazy TD. That's the type of big defensive play Chiefs fans have been accustomed to going their way the last couple years, but instead it went as poorly as possible.

The Raiders got their star child QB back, but he looked human and they still found themselves on the short side of an uninspired one point home loss due to a missed PAT. Really weird seeing the role reversal where the Chargers win because their kicker made a kick and someone else missed.

Just a few weeks ago the AFC West looked insane. The Chiefs changed the whole face of the AFC by ending the 16-0 talk about the Patriots mere hours into the season. The Raiders were planning their Super Bowl parade route straight from Oakland to Vegas. The Broncos were back to their smug, spoiled selves after defeating perhaps the only fanbase more smug and annoying, the Cowboys. The Chargers were the talented little brothers of the division, destined to lose despite being good enough to be a much better team elsewhere.

Now, the Chiefs still have the best record but half the offense is in the tub. No really, that's not hyperbole. Morse, LDT, Enhiger, Conley, Wilson, Hill, Kelce, Ware, West... all at least limited or out. They're going to need some people to get healthy and others to step up if they want to do more than just make the playoffs.

The Raiders lost their QB and apparently their balls in one fell swoop, dropping 2 crucial division games and getting whooped by the Ravens in between that shit sandwich. That's after getting embarrassed by the Redskins on national TV. Many will blame Carr's injury for that piss poor stretch, but Carr played for most of it, he just looked bad most of the time.

The Broncos lost unexpectedly to the Bills, something Bills opponents say almost any time that happens. Then, after an early bye the Broncos had the good fortune to face a depleted Giants team dealing with some locker room turmoil on their home turf. I had the good fortune of watching their vaunted run defense be incapable of containing bi-weekly desperation fantasy RB pickup Orleans Darkwa. Trevor Simien had the most Simien game imaginable, throwing the ball 50 freaking times for 376 yards and still looking like shit, throwing just 1 TD, 2 INTs and I think he had 2 fumbles.

The Chargers are now a much more respectable 2-4. It wouldn't surprise me if they finish 2-14 or 8-8, but no one in the world would expect anything more and if they say differently they're bigger liars than the Spanos family.

So yeah, other than the injuries continuing to mount up, the Chiefs are still in a pretty good position. They need to get in Oakland, hit them in the mouth, and get out as quickly as possible. The Raiders are spiraling back towards the clutches of irrelevance as quickly as they rose up from it last season, and the Chiefs have an excellent opportunity to bury their season like the rioters will bury their stadium when they finally do move.
(10-15-2017, 11:20 PM)asskickingboots Wrote: The Chiefs finally have their first blemish. They looked beyond defeated in the first half, but kept the score relatively close against the Steelers and made a game of it towards the end. Andy arguably made a mistake by not going for 3 to make the game a one score affair in the 4th, but the Chiefs still had an opportunity to win anyway and let it slip away.

It may have been a totally different result if Peters intercepted a ball that hit him in the facemask, but instead it bounced into AB's arms for a crazy TD. That's the type of big defensive play Chiefs fans have been accustomed to going their way the last couple years, but instead it went as poorly as possible.

The Raiders got their star child QB back, but he looked human and they still found themselves on the short side of an uninspired one point home loss due to a missed PAT. Really weird seeing the role reversal where the Chargers win because their kicker made a kick and someone else missed.

Just a few weeks ago the AFC West looked insane. The Chiefs changed the whole face of the AFC by ending the 16-0 talk about the Patriots mere hours into the season. The Raiders were planning their Super Bowl parade route straight from Oakland to Vegas. The Broncos were back to their smug, spoiled selves after defeating perhaps the only fanbase more smug and annoying, the Cowboys. The Chargers were the talented little brothers of the division, destined to lose despite being good enough to be a much better team elsewhere.

Now, the Chiefs still have the best record but half the offense is in the tub. No really, that's not hyperbole. Morse, LDT, Enhiger, Conley, Wilson, Hill, Kelce, Ware, West... all at least limited or out. They're going to need some people to get healthy and others to step up if they want to do more than just make the playoffs.

The Raiders lost their QB and apparently their balls in one fell swoop, dropping 2 crucial division games and getting whooped by the Ravens in between that shit sandwich. That's after getting embarrassed by the Redskins on national TV. Many will blame Carr's injury for that piss poor stretch, but Carr played for most of it, he just looked bad most of the time.

The Broncos lost unexpectedly to the Bills, something Bills opponents say almost any time that happens. Then, after an early bye the Broncos had the good fortune to face a depleted Giants team dealing with some locker room turmoil on their home turf. I had the good fortune of watching their vaunted run defense be incapable of containing bi-weekly desperation fantasy RB pickup Orleans Darkwa. Trevor Simien had the most Simien game imaginable, throwing the ball 50 freaking times for 376 yards and still looking like shit, throwing just 1 TD, 2 INTs and I think he had 2 fumbles.

The Chargers are now a much more respectable 2-4. It wouldn't surprise me if they finish 2-14 or 8-8, but no one in the world would expect anything more and if they say differently they're bigger liars than the Spanos family.

So yeah, other than the injuries continuing to mount up, the Chiefs are still in a pretty good position. They need to get in Oakland, hit them in the mouth, and get out as quickly as possible. The Raiders are spiraling back towards the clutches of irrelevance as quickly as they rose up from it last season, and the Chiefs have an excellent opportunity to bury their season like the rioters will bury their stadium when they finally do move.

You should be a sports writer. Its funny i dont completely know whats going on. If this is the old Chiefs Warpath, then i was on here when i was a teenager. Has the site changed? I used this exact screen name talking about Priest Holmes when i was a teenager. Now i have to type to even get noticed. If this is the same Chiefs Warpath from the 00s i wanna say im gonna have heart in everything our Chiefs experience, my childhood is brought up liking this K and C on the hat that i was wearing when i was a kid. For some reason my dad bought a Chiefs hat and put it on my head. I was raised in Las Vegas Nevada, idk why he bought me that hat, and i wore it for a long time. I tell everyone who wonders why i like the Chiefs (yes, they have to wonder why here in Vegas, thats how it is) but that hat stayed on my head back in 93 94 (this is a 10000 true story , id probably be a fan of another team if it wernt for that hat on my head) and then Joe Montana and i was like yep! Thats my team lol.  We should beat the Raiders
(10-16-2017, 12:48 AM)KCChiefs1986 Wrote: You should be a sports writer. Its funny i dont completely know whats going on. If this is the old Chiefs Warpath, then i was on here when i was a teenager. Has the site changed? I used this exact screen name talking about Priest Holmes when i was a teenager. Now i have to type to even get noticed. If this is the same Chiefs Warpath from the 00s i wanna say im gonna have heart in everything our Chiefs experience, my childhood is brought up liking this K and C on the hat that i was wearing when i was a kid. For some reason my dad bought a Chiefs hat and put it on my head. I was raised in Las Vegas Nevada, idk why he bought me that hat, and i wore it for a long time. I tell everyone who wonders why i like the Chiefs (yes, they have to wonder why here in Vegas, thats how it is) but that hat stayed on my head back in 93 94 (this is a 10000 true story , id probably be a fan of another team if it wernt for that hat on my head) and then Joe Montana and i was like yep! Thats my team lol.  We should beat the Raiders

I've thought about doing sports writing, and I had one offer to try to be a very poorly paid one, but I was too busy at the time. Still too busy seeing how at my work 2 guys (me and my boss) are handling about the same workload that used to be 5 or 6 people.

Most of the teams I like are simply due to growing up near them, but I did become a Sonics fan (still a Thunder fan) just because they were awesome in a video game. Can't imagine how ridiculously loyal I would have been if someone had given me a hat, and it's not like they had a cool logo like the Chiefs.
I am still looking for reasonable tickets to go to this game. I am a little disheartened by our loss yesterday and can't decide if I want to be at home having a Raider Hater party or in their shitty stadium wearing Chiefs gear!
[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!
Fuck em.  Lets just go kick their ass.  Good story, nicely written,  Now we go kick those frickin most hated Raiders.
[Image: HG.gif]
I hope our boys kick 'em in the teeth.
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kan...53346.html

What a crappy Monday.
Kemp was cut to make room for spiller. Hill was listed as if he would have been a full participant at practice Monday with a neck injury not a concussion. West was listed as concussion dnp. Hunt was also listed on the injury report with a knee but also a full participant.
Confirmed:

We're in all reds Thursday night.

The Chiefs are gonna look sharp handing the Faid's asses to them on national TV... again.

Cool
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
(10-17-2017, 01:00 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote: Confirmed:

We're in all reds Thursday night.

The Chiefs are gonna look sharp handing the Faid's asses to them on national TV... again.

Cool

Wearing Red on the road? That hasn't happened very often, I wouldn't think. Also, AKB, the touchdown by Brown went thru Gaines' facemask, not Peters'.