Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs Week 6 vs. Steelers, Sunday Afternoon Football
I forget if this is the national game or not, but there's bound to be some extra eyeballs on this Sunday afternoon matchup at Arrowhead watching the undefeated Chiefs and one of the supposed contenders in the AFC.

This was another one of those games many people had unconditionally circled as a loss at the start of the season, but as a proud fantasy owner of Ben Roethlisberger that started him I can say the Steelers have some weaknesses. It'd be hard to imagine the Steelers looking as ugly as they did this weekend, except that Kareem Hunt absolutely could do the same thing or worse to them as Fournette did.

Steelers are still the early favorite in the AFC North as far as I'm concerned. They're 3-2, tied with the Ravens, and have the tiebreaker against the Ravens. The Ravens look equally inconsistent, but they did just beat the Raiders convincingly (aw yiiiisssss!). So, this is another potential playoff preview.

Chiefs have more injuries mounting up. Now they've likely lost Chris Conley for the season. Maybe that will be made up as much by the potential return of others in the interior OL. Also, maybe this is a great opportunity for Demarcus Robinson who had a killer preseason. Kelce could be in concussion limbo as well.

But perhaps most importantly, Alex is continuing his surprising campaign as the front runner for the NFL MVP and his closest competition is literally close, as in the guy he hands the ball off too. Hunt and Alex have been the envy of the NFL, and I love it!
It is.  Normally its a noon start for a Eastern team.  But yeah we are the national game.  With the Way the Steelers are playing this game is gonna be a slaughter.  Just dont know which way
[Image: HG.gif]
Go Chiefs!
Hell yeah, go Chiefs!

Don't know how I forgot to mention the biggest angle to this game... revenge for our playoff loss. It's almost like it was blocked from my memory.
Revenge game for sure. PITT isn't as tough as San Diego these days.
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
(10-09-2017, 10:54 AM)Arrowhead terror1 Wrote: Go Chiefs!

While I know it's NOLA's job to run people off but I find it so weird that Arrowhead terror1 registers, waits 2 years, posts this and then leaves... 

Granted, it has as much thought put into the post as any of ChiTown's posts but, odd, still the same.
Super Bowl!
(10-09-2017, 03:08 PM)DallasChief Wrote:
(10-09-2017, 10:54 AM)Arrowhead terror1 Wrote: Go Chiefs!

While I know it's NOLA's job to run people off but I find it so weird that Arrowhead terror1 registers, waits 2 years, posts this and then leaves... 

Granted, it has as much thought put into the post as any of ChiTown's posts but, odd, still the same.

I.... But..... Oh God dammit. That was a good one.
[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates
https://www.facebook.com/nathan.ryan.pierson
I hope that we don't get more BS jump ball touchdowns... That frustrated me watching the game against the Texans.  The Steelers seem to be really off this season and I hope this continues.  I was disappointed seeing Conley go down and I hope our other receivers can step up.

We play Pittsburg tough; however, Hunt has been the difference all year.  I hope the trend continues.
[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!
Random friends are now asking me if the Chiefs are the best team in football, many of them not realizing I'm a fan.  It's an... unusual feeling.