Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It doesn't matter until the playoffs...
Just a little vent.

Lots of folks like to "Yeah but the playoffs" every positive statement you make about the Chiefs.

It's not the playoffs. It's week 4.  The only thing we have to talk about is, y'know, what's happening RIGHT NOW.

IMO, people obsessed with the "but the playoffs!!1!" need to just stay away from discussing the team until the playoffs, because to them, nothing that happens in the regular season matters!

/sheesh

Rolleyes
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
Playoffs? If you take away the Chiefs 4 wins, the are winless on the season.
Honestly I think it's the snake it part of the franchise. No-one wants to get their hopes up and let themselves enjoy it because that is when the chiefs normally lose in the worst way possible. I was certainly thinking that in the first quarter of the game last night. 

But where the difference is with this team vs other years is that we are beating good playoff contending teams. We arent just handling business against bad teams and losing to good ones. 

We are about to hit the murders row part of our schedule and I'm not concerned that we are going to get exposed as frauds. Our oline is bad right now but the rest of the team is legit.
[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates
https://www.facebook.com/nathan.ryan.pierson
(10-03-2017, 12:04 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote: Honestly I think it's the snake it part of the franchise. No-one wants to get their hopes up and let themselves enjoy it because that is when the chiefs normally lose in the worst way possible. I was certainly thinking that in the first quarter of the game last night. 

But where the difference is with this team vs other years is that we are beating good playoff contending teams. We arent just handling business against bad teams and losing to good ones. 

We are about to hit the murders row part of our schedule and I'm not concerned that we are going to get exposed as frauds. Our oline is bad right now but the rest of the team is legit.

Yeah... we getting any of those injured oline guys back anytime soon?
(10-03-2017, 12:11 PM)NOLA Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 12:04 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote: Honestly I think it's the snake it part of the franchise. No-one wants to get their hopes up and let themselves enjoy it because that is when the chiefs normally lose in the worst way possible. I was certainly thinking that in the first quarter of the game last night. 

Yeah... we getting any of those injured oline guys back anytime soon?

Yes - at least we're getting Morse back for sure within a few weeks. Ehringer is getting ready to play.  Remains to be seen on LDT, and Fisher too (suspect he'll deal with nagging injuries for a while).  Chiefs.com reports LDL has a knee sprain, which is good news for his relatively fast return.

And honestly, the o line isn't great but they're good enough when it counts (and they got better as the game progressed as the team adjusted). We have the guys on the field protecting poor Mahomes when he was running around like a madman in pre-season.
Honestly, what's making me so exasperated is that some of us can't say, "Alex Smith is playing well" or "The coaching staff is doing a good job", it has to be "Alex Smith is playing well now, maybe, but it doesn't matter until the playoffs" or "Until he proves himself not to be the same old Andy in a playoff game, it's not worth talking about".  Everything has to be qualified because playoffs.

Dunno how we're supposed to get to the playoffs if Smith is sucking wind or the coaching staff is doing a mediocre job - especially against the opponents we've faced thus far.  We have the 2nd toughest schedule in the league - #2 behind Denver because they have to play US twice - and it's not like they've won four in a row by beating the Browns, Colts, Niners, and Bears.  Every team they've faced are contenders (even the Chargers if they were in a different division might be in the thick of it).

I understand the pain as much as anyone but sheesh, if we're going to be honest about this team, we have to acknowledge the good the team is doing as well as the bad. You can't focus on all the flaws and refuse to recognize the strengths and think you're being objective.

It's not possible for some of us to accept that hey, this year's team may not win pretty but it wins in the trenches where it counts and has zero quit in them.  Yesterday's game is a prime example.  Prior Chiefs teams would have laid down and been blown out after that first quarter.
Arguments like that, particularly when from media rather than jaded fans, are often just an excuse to say whatever they want.

How could they pick the Raiders ahead of the Chiefs? Well, the Chiefs haven't gotten it done in the playoffs, obviously! Neither had the Raiders, but that doesn't matter. They're young, so they haven't proven they won't yet.

The Steelers haven't been to the SB in 6 years, so it's not like they have some magical combination figured out, but they "know how to get it done", despite that most of the players are different on both sides of the ball since that last SB run.

It's intellectual dishonesty as much as anything, but I bet most of them don't even realize they're doing it.

Do you know how happy i am for Andy Reid and Alex Smith? They changed our whole team. Alex Smith is a good quarterback who has been winning lately (Although our defense accounted for like half our pts last year). But we cant stay timid or complacent, there comes a time when we have to reevalutate our situation and say hey there is a better scenario. This isn't the 9-0 2013 KC Team this is 2017. Alex Smith will still be stuck in our brains for a while, i certainly wont ever forget him in my humble life. But im not sure he could ever get us over the hump (hopefully he can this season?) This is Alex Smith's last season for the Chiefs for multiple reasons, it is due time to move on, unless he posts 30tds 4000 pass yards and 2 playoff victories. 4-0? Im glad we are 4-0 it feels good but we have so much more to do. Are you gonna be safe and a coward? Or are you gonna demand more and force us to make a change. They didnt draft Mahomes for nothing. But by all means if Alex Smith takes us to the AFC Championship game we may think differently about him.