Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs Weird Chiefs Superstitions?
(09-25-2017, 09:42 AM)NOLA Wrote:
(09-25-2017, 09:25 AM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:
(09-25-2017, 09:03 AM)NOLA Wrote:
(09-13-2017, 09:28 AM)NOLA Wrote: With Andy's team, it's "when I watch, we lose" which is uncanny given the team's record in that time period.

I skip a lot of games these days, y'all.  I do it for you.

Guys, I watched the whole game yesterday (well, okay, I left the bar after Hunt iced the game with less than two minutes to play), and we still won.  Curse lifted?

Well, it *was* our roughest game thus far.  So you probably had an effect.

I thought the Philly game was worse, right?  I mean, SD never had anything close to a lead, and I'm pretty sure they never punted 'cos Rivers just kept throwing us the ball.  It was kinda dull there in the second half, but I was never worried about them blowing it... I even said "not even the Chiefs can fuck this up" aloud and left when Hunt scored again... and I never worried about the consequences.

Feels good to watch a good team.

I didn't get to watch the SD game (stupid engagement photos) but I heard KC played worse than they did against Philly. I think that is what CC was saying.
[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates
https://www.facebook.com/nathan.ryan.pierson
(09-26-2017, 07:36 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:
(09-25-2017, 09:03 AM)NOLA Wrote:
(09-13-2017, 09:28 AM)NOLA Wrote: With Andy's team, it's "when I watch, we lose" which is uncanny given the team's record in that time period.

I skip a lot of games these days, y'all.  I do it for you.

Guys, I watched the whole game yesterday (well, okay, I left the bar after Hunt iced the game with less than two minutes to play), and we still won.  Curse lifted?

I thought the Philly game was worse, right?  I mean, SD never had anything close to a lead, and I'm pretty sure they never punted 'cos Rivers just kept throwing us the ball.  It was kinda dull there in the second half, but I was never worried about them blowing it... I even said "not even the Chiefs can fuck this up" aloud and left when Hunt scored again... and I never worried about the consequences.

I didn't get to watch the SD game (stupid engagement photos) but I heard KC played worse than they did against Philly. I think that is what CC was saying.

Ah, thanks.
(09-26-2017, 10:22 PM)NOLA Wrote:
(09-26-2017, 07:36 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:
(09-25-2017, 09:03 AM)NOLA Wrote: Guys, I watched the whole game yesterday (well, okay, I left the bar after Hunt iced the game with less than two minutes to play), and we still won.  Curse lifted?

Ah, thanks.

Yes.  IMO, SD's defense might be better than Philly's. In another division - take the AFC South for one - they'd be leading the division.

Part of the roughness of that game was self inflicted, IMO. I think Andy went super conservative once we got a 2 TD lead, as is his tendency.  It drives us fans crazy and it keeps the opponents in the game longer than we'd like.  That's how this team will kill me.
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
I don't know if SD's defense is better than Philly's.  The Eagles front 7 is pretty stout. The Chargers have Bosa and Ingram but other than that....
(09-27-2017, 08:53 AM)DallasChief Wrote: I don't know if SD's defense is better than Philly's.  The Eagles front 7 is pretty stout. The Chargers have Bosa and Ingram but other than that....

Chargers probably have the better defensive backfield too (at least with current injuries to the Eagles, anyway), but overall I agree with you that the Eagles defense is better overall. Just my opinion.
The Eagles front 7 all together is better; however, the two players that the Chargers have are game changers. Those two are the one's that killed our drives .... almost as much as our own penalites.
[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!