Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Fantasy Football Advice Thread
Just got done with my draft. I'm in a 14 team league, so don't be that shocked if this looks ugly. Everyone's looks ugly.

QBs: Derek Carr, Ben Roethlisberger
RBs: Melvin Gordon, Kareem Hunt, Mark Ingram, CJ Prosise, Jalen Richard
WRs: Brandin Cooks, Tyreek Hill, Adam Thielen, Tyler Lockett, Cooper Kupp
TEs: Jason Witten, Josh Hill
D/ST: Vikings
K: Cairo Santos

Team Name: Thielen Minnesota

Yeah, not pretty. I'm sure I'll be paying attention to the waiver wire early and often, but that ends up happening every year.

I suppose the first question of the year is start Carr vs. the Titans or Big Ben vs. the Browns.
This isn't a PPR league, right?

Assuming that it is not, and passing TDs are worth the same as rushing and receiving TDs, I think you're in good shape.  Your receiver corps is ugly, but with Edelman out, Cooks might turn out to be a great option this year.
(09-04-2017, 10:45 AM)NOLA Wrote: This isn't a PPR league, right?

Assuming that it is not, and passing TDs are worth the same as rushing and receiving TDs, I think you're in good shape.  Your receiver corps is ugly, but with Edelman out, Cooks might turn out to be a great option this year.

Yeah, non-PPR. QB passing TDs are worth 4, but rushing and receiving TDs are worth 6 each.

Last year I focused more on WRs since it was the first year we switched to 2 starting WRs instead of an extra FLEX spot. Worked out okayish, but I thought I'd focus more of QBs and RBs this time.

TE was the position I really waited on because I missed on Gronk and Kelce in back to back picks in front of me, but I really like Josh Hill as a sleeper because I watched a Saints preseason game, which means I've seen more Saints preseason football than you've seen Chiefs.
(09-04-2017, 11:25 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:
(09-04-2017, 10:45 AM)NOLA Wrote: This isn't a PPR league, right?

Yeah, non-PPR. QB passing TDs are worth 4, but rushing and receiving TDs are worth 6 each.

Last year I focused more on WRs since it was the first year we switched to 2 starting WRs instead of an extra FLEX spot. Worked out okayish, but I thought I'd focus more of QBs and RBs this time.

TE was the position I really waited on because I missed on Gronk and Kelce in back to back picks in front of me, but I really like Josh Hill as a sleeper because I watched a Saints preseason game, which means I've seen more Saints preseason football than you've seen Chiefs.

Hmm... with 4 pt passing TDs I like your team less.  You have great QBs.

Josh Hill is a guy who plays with Drew Brees, so you obviously get the good and the bad from that.  Lots of offense he'll be involved with, but many, many different players touching the ball.
Well, the rest of this week is a victory lap since I started Hunt and Hill. Thinking about starting Big Ben instead of Carr just so I'm not starting a Raider, but I know how much Big Ben's road splits suck, so it's kind of hard to justify.

I feel sorry for the peeps that benched Alex Smith and Gillisilee in my league, though the first gal had Drew Brees starting, so I can't blame her.
(09-09-2017, 07:15 AM)asskickingboots Wrote: Well, the rest of this week is a victory lap since I started Hunt and Hill. Thinking about starting Big Ben instead of Carr just so I'm not starting a Raider, but I know how much Big Ben's road splits suck, so it's kind of hard to justify.

I feel sorry for the peeps that benched Alex Smith and Gillisilee in my league, though the first gal had Drew Brees starting, so I can't blame her.

I benched Gillislee in dynasty.  I hate myself.

In my redraft (PPR!) league, I drafted Kareem Hunt in like the 5th or 6th round, and I love myself there.  The rest of my team can fuck right off and I'll still win.
(09-09-2017, 04:36 PM)NOLA Wrote:
(09-09-2017, 07:15 AM)asskickingboots Wrote: Well, the rest of this week is a victory lap since I started Hunt and Hill. Thinking about starting Big Ben instead of Carr just so I'm not starting a Raider, but I know how much Big Ben's road splits suck, so it's kind of hard to justify.

I benched Gillislee in dynasty.  I hate myself.

In my redraft (PPR!) league, I drafted Kareem Hunt in like the 5th or 6th round, and I love myself there.  The rest of my team can fuck right off and I'll still win.

It's just so hard to trust Pats RBs to see enough touches. They'll be a key cog one week, then see maybe 2 carries the next.

I deliberately didn't draft any to avoid chasing points.
Who should I drop to pick up a kicker? I intentionally never draft a kicker so that I can pick up an extra flex player during the draft and wait until closer to week 1 to see who is best to drop.

I have woodhead, ginn jr, zay jones, and Doyle as the most likely drop candidates.

I have hunt but in my league qb's can put up major points and I'm going against drew brees so I doubt I'm safe yet
(09-10-2017, 08:32 AM)tyecopeland Wrote: Who should I drop to pick up a kicker? I intentionally never draft a kicker so that I can pick up an extra flex player during the draft and wait until closer to week 1 to see who is best to drop.

I have woodhead, ginn jr, zay jones, and Doyle as the most likely drop candidates.

I have hunt but in my league qb's can put up major points and I'm going against drew brees so I doubt I'm safe yet

I tend to avoid Saints receivers because it's so unpredictable game-to-game who's gonna be catching the ball, but that's just me.
(09-10-2017, 11:46 AM)NOLA Wrote:
(09-10-2017, 08:32 AM)tyecopeland Wrote: Who should I drop to pick up a kicker? I intentionally never draft a kicker so that I can pick up an extra flex player during the draft and wait until closer to week 1 to see who is best to drop.

I tend to avoid Saints receivers because it's so unpredictable game-to-game who's gonna be catching the ball, but that's just me.

I also have Thomas Confusedhrug:

I dropped jones. I try to keep one wr every year who is a deep threat who is also really frustrating to start because of how inconsistent they are. They then stay on my bench every week and occasionally go off for 30