Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs Mike Vick a Chief
Vick is a QB coach intern during training camp.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20155...efs-summer
[Image: chiefs_jamaal_charles_sig_by_twisted_rea...34kkke.png]
You'd think it was the end of the world in some comment sections, not that I in any way condone or excuse what he did.
(07-26-2017, 10:11 AM)asskickingboots Wrote: You'd think it was the end of the world in some comment sections, not that I in any way condone or excuse what he did.

I don't condone what he did at all, but I am generally in favor of the rehabilitation of convicts.  Intern QB coach isn't a glamorous job or anything, and the man should be allowed to work.
(07-26-2017, 10:11 AM)asskickingboots Wrote: You'd think it was the end of the world in some comment sections, not that I in any way condone or excuse what he did.

I don't think anyone is condoning what he did but here is the bottom line: he served his time. Who cares beyond that. So many players in NFL get away with so much more *cough* Ray Lewis *Lewis* and never see the inside of a jail cell. Why do people insist on bringing down Vick after he served his time and came back?
[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates
https://www.facebook.com/nathan.ryan.pierson
(07-26-2017, 11:28 AM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:

I don't think anyone is condoning what he did but here is the bottom line: he served his time. Who cares beyond that. So many players in NFL get away with so much more *cough* Ray Lewis *Lewis* and never see the inside of a jail cell. Why do people insist on bringing down Vick after he served his time and came back?

Also--and I don't think this matters to your point that he served his time one way or the other--but Vick has also sounded pretty humbled and contrite in his time since going to prison.  Maybe it's all an act, but if it is, he's hella good at it.
(07-26-2017, 11:28 AM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:

Unfortunately it's a political and cultural football, metaphorically speaking.

There are people out there that are convinced dogs should have the same rights as human children. No, really.

There are people that are jealous of the players in the league, acting like Uncle Rico, thinking if only Mike Vick were out of the way they'd have a shot retroactively.

There are people that just want to look more caring and compassionate to everyone on their Facebook feed, and here's a soft target.

There are people who are not nearly the extreme cases I pointed out, but maybe just hate the distraction he brings.

Pretty well everyone has an axe to grind about something, and in some cases they aren't necessarily wrong to do so. But I agree with you and NOLA, this should not be a death sentence. He did his crime and did his time. If someone cares endlessly about dogs I'd encourage them to donate their time to an animal shelter, not an Internet forum to shame someone that's already been collectively shamed.
(07-26-2017, 10:48 AM)NOLA Wrote:

I don't condone what he did at all, but I am generally in favor of the rehabilitation of convicts.  Intern QB coach isn't a glamorous job or anything, and the man should be allowed to work.

This is pretty much how I feel about it.

Dude has done his time, made amends.
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]