Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs Implement Season Long Game Pass
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...game-pass/

Quote:Chiefs implement season-long game pass

Posted by Mike Florio on July 5, 2017, 5:28 PM EDT

As teams try to fill stadiums in the days since the death of the shell-game threat known as the local TV blackout, creativity is becoming a requirement.

In Kansas City, the Chiefs have adopted a season-long game pass, which guarantees customers a ticket to each of the 10 preseason and regular-season games for a flat fee of $200.

“The limited number of seats available through the Bud Light Game Day Pass will be in select locations in the upper level of Arrowhead Stadium,” the Chiefs said in a press release. “Bud Light Game Day Passes are non-transferable and must be used by the purchaser.”

As noted by Daniel Kaplan of SportsBusiness Journal, the Jets are the only other NFL team to use these device for filling otherwise empty seats. At least 22 Major League Baseball teams use it.

The press release notes that traditional season-ticket packages remain available to Arrowhead Stadium at $380 for the full year, which entails a fixed seat and the ability to re-sell tickets to the various games. The broader message could be that the Chiefs are scrambling a bit to convince 76,416 people to pay to attend the various games of a team that has made it to the playoffs in three of the last four years but that he been bumping its head against the ceiling of the divisional round
[Image: nolasig.gif]
Homer: [reading] "Project Arcturus couldn't have succeeded without you. This will get you a little closer to that dream of yours. It's not the Dallas Cowboys, but it's a start. Drop me a line if you're on the East Coast, Hank Scorpio." Aw, the Denver Broncos!
Marge: I think owning the Denver Broncos is pretty good.
Homer: Yeah, yeah.
Marge: Well, explain to me why it isn't.
Homer: [sighs] You just don't understand football, Marge.
Kind of a "fuck you" to the regular season ticket holders who sit up there?  Or not?  I'm not sure.
Homer: [reading] "Project Arcturus couldn't have succeeded without you. This will get you a little closer to that dream of yours. It's not the Dallas Cowboys, but it's a start. Drop me a line if you're on the East Coast, Hank Scorpio." Aw, the Denver Broncos!
And these same people are the ones who can gather at our spots we lost
[Image: HG.gif]
(07-06-2017, 12:05 PM)HG Wrote: And these same people are the ones who can gather at our spots we lost

So definitely  a "fuck you" to regular season ticket holders
Yeah.  Your right.

for once. lol
(07-06-2017, 03:56 PM)HG Wrote: Yeah.  Your right.

for once. lol

Even a broken clock is right 730 times a year.
"We promise that no handicapped seats were lost or removed in any way".  Ticket office memo
Isn't this just the super-duper economy fare version of season tickets?  You can't resell or transfer these to anyone else and you don't always get the same seats (like you do when you buy regular season tickets)... right?

Or am I reading this wrong?  For some folks this is a fantastic deal.
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
(07-06-2017, 05:18 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote: Isn't this just the super-duper economy fare version of season tickets?  You can't resell or transfer these to anyone else and you don't always get the same seats (like you do when you buy regular season tickets)... right?

Or am I reading this wrong?  For some folks this is a fantastic deal.

I think the problem comes from making people who helped you sell your season tickets at the beginning of the offseason feel like chumps for paying full price.  I would definitely expect the number of people who sit upstairs and renew their tickets to go down as a result of this, as they wait until later and later in the summer/season for a better deal.  Since the point of this is to combat blackouts, I think they're actually going to cause themselves problems long-term with season ticket renewals among people who are on the fence but ultimately renew.

Also, if the Superdome did something like this, it would irk me.  But people here are still riding that 2006/2009 high, so the waiting list persists.
My high is about gone