Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dorsey released????
The only way I see this being the right move is if Dorsey was holding out on signing an extension to keep Green Bay open as an option. In that case Clark did the right thing. 

But if this is because of how he manages? Fuck that. I don't care if he let JC and Maclin go. Not if he continues to build a great team. It will break my heart if he goes to another team besides GB and turns them into a super bowl team.
[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates
https://www.facebook.com/nathan.ryan.pierson
(06-27-2017, 09:48 AM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote: The only way I see this being the right move is if Dorsey was holding out on signing an extension to keep Green Bay open as an option. In that case Clark did the right thing. 

But if this is because of how he manages? Fuck that. I don't care if he let JC and Maclin go. Not if he continues to build a great team. It will break my heart if he goes to another team besides GB and turns them into a super bowl team.

Dorsey has had quite a few blunders though.  I support him, but for the sake of objectivity (or you can say I'm simply playing devil's advocate because nobody else is pointing out his failures)

1.  He gave Bowe a big contract, cut him the following season.  

2.  Gave Maclin a big contract, cut him two seasons later

3.  Cut Russell, a 3rd round pick, before he played a regular season down.

4. Traded for Ben Grubbs, who he released after one season (NOLA told all of us he had nothing left, and he was right... just as he will be about Spiller)

5.  Gave a charity contract to Hali, even though Hali is basically a part time rusher with no closing speed at this point

6.  Daunta Robinson, Anthony Fasano

7.  Re-signing Jay Howard to a big contract, only to release him after one season

Overall Dorsey's strength has been in the draft room, but let's also be real about that!

When you look at Dorsey's top picks (Peters, Kelce, Hill, Chris Jones) we're talking guys who had a lot of trouble in college.  Suspensions, accusations of laziness, and even outright dismissals.    Peters, in particular, is constantly throwing fits on the sideline and being calmed down by Eric Berry.  One time he literally stormed OFF OF THE FIELD and Eric Berry had to retrieve him.  What happens without Berry's leadership?  Does Peters keep his head or does he turn into Josh Norman?  These red flags are on some of our failed picks too, and while that's viable with the strong leadership core the chiefs have, I'm not sure you can keep drafting that and not end up with a toxic locker room at some point. That's literally how Andy messed up Philly so bad.

Remember KC turned this shit around in year 1, and it's not like Dorsey's prints were on the team yet.  Andy Reid and Alex Smith basically won with the same team Crennel and Cassel went 2-14 with.
A good article from Robert Mays (great football writer) from over at the Ringer (terrible site):

https://theringer.com/kansas-city-chiefs...48a104afde
We hired some dude. Veach I think. Wa already part of the front office.
(07-10-2017, 08:50 PM)tyecopeland Wrote: We hired some dude. Veach I think. Wa already part of the front office.

Looks like you're right:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/kansas...l-manager/
I think hiring Veach at this point is the right choice. Limited options this time of year, doesn't have to get acclimated to the environment and staff, just the position, was a legit GM candidate elsewhere.

I did hear Kevin Keitzman (local afternoon sports talk guy for you non-locals) the other day talking some nonsense. He was trying to suggest that if Veach got this job that means this whole thing was a coup designed by Veach and the other guy that jumped a couple rungs up the ladder underneath him.

Problem is about 5 minutes later he was suggesting that it was actually all Clark Hunt's idea and his own coup to take more control of this team. Kind of hard to simultaneously believe both, which is why I turned him off and happily haven't listened since.
I turned him off years ago
[Image: HG.gif]
I like to listen to the other guys on 810 (Soren, the Border Patrol), so I have to remember to change the station when Keitz or Danny is on.