Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dorsey released????
[Image: GbVDt7w.gif]
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
I'm pissed.

I want to know the whole story.  Just a coincidence Andy Reid gets extended, and Dorsey is gone?  

Dorsey has done a great job as GM since he arrived.  There HAS to be a story here, and I want to know it.
(06-22-2017, 05:25 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote: Fuck this team. Seriously fuck them. I'm so pissed right now. 

It better come out he was doing some illegal shit. Because he was the best thing to happen to this team in decades.

*hugs*

I know brother.  I feel the same.
(06-22-2017, 06:31 PM)asskickingboots Wrote: Now that I've had at least a couple hours to ponder this, it seems pretty clear something ticked off Clark and/or Reid about how this offseason has went down.

I was going to type out a big long blurb, but to keep it short (but still pure speculation) it seems to me like Clark or Reid or both didn't like the way either the cap was handled (additional evidence being they fired the cap guy) or the way players were treated, including JMac, Charles, and even EB during his negotiations.

The one thing I know is the Chiefs were still interested in extending JD before this offseason, but something changed that made them not want him anymore, and I doubt it was the money he was asking for.

EDIT: Only other likely answer is the Chiefs knew Dorsey was planning to bolt for GB and didn't want him poaching our coaches and front office as well as using our draft resources.

I'm thinking it may have something to do with trading up to get a QB when Andy has a boner for Alex.

If Dorsey was refusing to extend and bolt to Green Bay, dumping him now was a good option.  We'll have to see.  Eventually, the truth will air out.
There's two sides.  One says maybe a power struggle.

The other angle is that Clark Hunt simply wasn't willing to pay him what he was asking.
This article is probably the most answers we're going to get unless 10 years from now one of the sides open up in an interview and explain "what really went down".

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kan...55634.html
(06-25-2017, 09:36 PM)asskickingboots Wrote: This article is probably the most answers we're going to get unless 10 years from now one of the sides open up in an interview and explain "what really went down".

Well, that was unsatisfying.  I would love to get the real story, but like you said, it's probably not coming for a while, if ever.
[Image: nolasig.gif]
Homer: [reading] "Project Arcturus couldn't have succeeded without you. This will get you a little closer to that dream of yours. It's not the Dallas Cowboys, but it's a start. Drop me a line if you're on the East Coast, Hank Scorpio." Aw, the Denver Broncos!
Marge: I think owning the Denver Broncos is pretty good.
Homer: Yeah, yeah.
Marge: Well, explain to me why it isn't.
Homer: [sighs] You just don't understand football, Marge.
(06-26-2017, 10:12 AM)NOLA Wrote:
(06-25-2017, 09:36 PM)asskickingboots Wrote: This article is probably the most answers we're going to get unless 10 years from now one of the sides open up in an interview and explain "what really went down".

Well, that was unsatisfying.  I would love to get the real story, but like you said, it's probably not coming for a while, if ever.

It's not helpful at all

"Some people liked John.  Others didn't.  Maybe he was cut loose because *speculation*"

Pretty much fluff.   Paylor is usually solid but they're keeping the story locked up for now.  He doesn't have much to work with.

In the end KC lost one of the best talent evaluators in the business and in my eyes one of the best young GMs in the business.  He had made mistakes, but man... I hope the replacement is a good one.  Big shoes.
(06-26-2017, 05:04 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:

It's not helpful at all

"Some people liked John.  Others didn't.  Maybe he was cut loose because *speculation*"

Pretty much fluff.   Paylor is usually solid but they're keeping the story locked up for now.  He doesn't have much to work with.

In the end KC lost one of the best talent evaluators in the business and in my eyes one of the best young GMs in the business.  He had made mistakes, but man... I hope the replacement is a good one.  Big shoes.

Some fans have said Dorsey wasn't a good GM, just a great talent evaluator, and that he was poor at the other GM duties (managing cap, contract negotiations, etc.)

I don't know really what to believe on that front, maybe that's just people trying to explain things after the fact, but it's clear he was one of the best talent evaluators and we will miss him regardless of if the next guy is better at the front office aspects of the job.
(06-26-2017, 07:42 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:
(06-26-2017, 05:04 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:

It's not helpful at all

Some fans have said Dorsey wasn't a good GM, just a great talent evaluator, and that he was poor at the other GM duties (managing cap, contract negotiations, etc.)

I don't know really what to believe on that front, maybe that's just people trying to explain things after the fact, but it's clear he was one of the best talent evaluators and we will miss him regardless of if the next guy is better at the front office aspects of the job.

You can be great at working with the cap (Mickey Loomis), but if you suck at evaluating talent (Mickey Loomis) you're still going to end up with problems, bad deals, and a mediocre product (Mickey Loomis).

I would frankly rather have the talent guy and have to bring in an accountant every offseason to explain shit than have a guy who can always find cap room, but always has to find cap room because he gives big deals to the wrong guys.
[Image: nolasig.gif]
Homer: [reading] "Project Arcturus couldn't have succeeded without you. This will get you a little closer to that dream of yours. It's not the Dallas Cowboys, but it's a start. Drop me a line if you're on the East Coast, Hank Scorpio." Aw, the Denver Broncos!
Marge: I think owning the Denver Broncos is pretty good.
Homer: Yeah, yeah.
Marge: Well, explain to me why it isn't.
Homer: [sighs] You just don't understand football, Marge.