Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs Maclin released
(06-06-2017, 10:18 AM)NOLA Wrote:
(06-06-2017, 10:03 AM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(06-04-2017, 10:32 AM)NOLA Wrote:
(06-03-2017, 03:46 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(06-03-2017, 09:32 AM)NOLA Wrote: I have been saying this for over a year, dammit.

[Image: i-feel-like-im-taking-crazy-pills.gif]

You were saying this after an 1,100 yard 8 TD season with an infamously timid QB?  It was by far the best season any WR ever had with Smith at the helm.

Because over a year ago Maclin was coming off of a good season.

What did Maclin fail to do in 2015 that you had expected?!  I can't figure it out.  I didn't expect him to break 1000 yards with Alex.  Ever.

I'm just not a fan.

You really hate the Eagles don't you?   Big Grin

Kinda freaked me out when I really got on the internet and found out how cult that movie was.

Nobody I knew liked it.  I would always be like "You gotta watch this!" And they'd be like 'meh, it wasn't THAT funny'

Now they're all super-fans who quote it endlessly.  

I liked it before it was cool.  *tips fedora*
(06-06-2017, 10:21 AM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(06-06-2017, 10:18 AM)NOLA Wrote:
(06-06-2017, 10:03 AM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(06-04-2017, 10:32 AM)NOLA Wrote:
(06-03-2017, 03:46 PM)The_Jonas Wrote: You were saying this after an 1,100 yard 8 TD season with an infamously timid QB?  It was by far the best season any WR ever had with Smith at the helm.

Because over a year ago Maclin was coming off of a good season.

What did Maclin fail to do in 2015 that you had expected?!  I can't figure it out.  I didn't expect him to break 1000 yards with Alex.  Ever.

I'm just not a fan.

You really hate the Eagles don't you?   Big Grin

Kinda freaked me out when I really got on the internet and found out how cult that movie was.

Nobody I knew liked it.  I would always be like "You gotta watch this!" And they'd be like 'meh, it wasn't THAT funny'

Now they're all super-fans who quote it endlessly.  

I liked it before it was cool.  *tips fedora*

*puts on snooty voice*

I saw it in theaters the spring of my junior year of high school.  With little bottles of pre-made white russians.  Not because of the movie, but because it was hard to score booze and somehow that's what my buddy and I ended up with.

/drops mic
[Image: nolasig.gif]
Homer: [reading] "Project Arcturus couldn't have succeeded without you. This will get you a little closer to that dream of yours. It's not the Dallas Cowboys, but it's a start. Drop me a line if you're on the East Coast, Hank Scorpio." Aw, the Denver Broncos!
Marge: I think owning the Denver Broncos is pretty good.
Homer: Yeah, yeah.
Marge: Well, explain to me why it isn't.
Homer: [sighs] You just don't understand football, Marge.
I thought all teams had a rookie pool used to sign draft picks.  It seems like some serious mismanagement of the cap if they had to cut Maclin in order to sign their draft picks.
(06-06-2017, 12:57 PM)DallasChief Wrote: I thought all teams had a rookie pool used to sign draft picks.  It seems like some serious mismanagement of the cap if they had to cut Maclin in order to sign their draft picks.

My guess is that they had been trying to get him to renegotiate his contract this offseason, and after June 1st came and went without him agreeing to it, they said, "fuck it" and cut him loose.   I doubt it was over the draft picks.
[Image: nolasig.gif]
Homer: [reading] "Project Arcturus couldn't have succeeded without you. This will get you a little closer to that dream of yours. It's not the Dallas Cowboys, but it's a start. Drop me a line if you're on the East Coast, Hank Scorpio." Aw, the Denver Broncos!
Marge: I think owning the Denver Broncos is pretty good.
Homer: Yeah, yeah.
Marge: Well, explain to me why it isn't.
Homer: [sighs] You just don't understand football, Marge.
Am I missing something about robinson? Does dude have a career stat to his name? I've never heard of this guy and everyone is like he's going to be our new starter.
[Image: chiefs_jamaal_charles_sig_by_twisted_rea...34kkke.png]
They could have cut other players, like Colquitt for $4M. They decided Maclin was the best to cut, basically because he freed up the most besides Alex.
(06-06-2017, 01:42 PM)tyecopeland Wrote: Am I missing something about robinson? Does dude have a career stat to his name? I've never heard of this guy and everyone is like he's going to be our new starter.

Really?  The only name I'm reading raves about is Ty Hill.
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
(06-06-2017, 03:13 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:
(06-06-2017, 01:42 PM)tyecopeland Wrote: Am I missing something about robinson? Does dude have a career stat to his name? I've never heard of this guy and everyone is like he's going to be our new starter.

Jonas mentioned the rumor that robinson has improved enough to be a starter back on page 1. Chiefsfaninky mentioned robinson as 'coming on' and I've read that a lot on twitter and elsewhere (eg Bleaches Report). Like coming on from nothing isn't something.
[Image: chiefs_jamaal_charles_sig_by_twisted_rea...34kkke.png]
Robinson was our 4th round pick last year. He was likely a 1st or 2nd round pick if it weren't for mild character concerns (smoked weed early in his college career, got clean and made contact with an agent too early).

Robinson played excellent on special teams last year, but the thing is if you see tape of him he is outstanding with the ball in his hand. Robinson consistently got separation and won contested balls. Tracks the ball well in the air. He's not a burner like Hill, but he's not a smaller guy either. He's 6'1", 200+ lbs. He can play a possession receiver role in the NFL and pick up some RAC.

That being said, he did nothing as a WR last year. It's pure conjecture to assume he's ready for an expanded role, but you've got to find out sometime, and the coaches have a better idea than we do.
(06-06-2017, 03:30 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:
(06-06-2017, 03:13 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:

Jonas mentioned the rumor that robinson has improved enough to be a starter back on page 1. Chiefsfaninky mentioned robinson as 'coming on' and I've read that a lot on twitter and elsewhere (eg Bleaches Report). Like coming on from nothing isn't something.

He was getting some first team reps during OTA's and high praise from coaches.  That's all I said.  I do not think he has any stats, but he played ST's.   Frankly, I had forgotten he was on the roster until I started reading camp reports.

I also mentioned it could be entirely meaningless given that they're, as Dick Vermeil used to say, only playing in pajamas.

Let's be real though.  Maclin was brought in to stretch defenses.  We don't need him for that now.  We have the ultimate defense stretcher at WR now.  I'm curious what Hill's role becomes.  Does he play more full time WR and become less of a gadget player?  What DOES the coaching staff have in store for him?