Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs Maclin released
So post June 1st cut just means it gets spread out over two years if what I just saw is right. That means some of what could have been dead money this year will just limit us next year. I'm not a fan of that either. Anybody know the real full cap implications of his release
[Image: chiefs_jamaal_charles_sig_by_twisted_rea...34kkke.png]
(06-03-2017, 07:13 PM)tyecopeland Wrote: So post June 1st cut just means it gets spread out over two years if what I just saw is right. That means some of what could have been dead money this year will just limit us next year. I'm not a fan of that either. Anybody know the real full cap implications of his release

I can't remember the exact rules, but cap space rolls over from year to year. In other words, gaining cap space this year effectively gains an equal amount next year.

If I understand this correctly (always a chance I don't), that means it's purely beneficial to take the space now. The portion you split zeros itself out with the cap space you created. This way you at least have the extra cap space now.
I have to trust the Chiefs brass, but I remember how atrocious we've been at the WR position for far too long before Maclin arrived.
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
(06-03-2017, 08:52 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:
(06-03-2017, 07:13 PM)tyecopeland Wrote: So post June 1st cut just means it gets spread out over two years if what I just saw is right. That means some of what could have been dead money this year will just limit us next year. I'm not a fan of that either. Anybody know the real full cap implications of his release

I can't remember the exact rules, but cap space rolls over from year to year. In other words, gaining cap space this year effectively gains an equal amount next year.

If I understand this correctly (always a chance I don't), that means it's purely beneficial to take the space now. The portion you split zeros itself out with the cap space you created. This way you at least have the extra cap space now.

Okay. I thought you had to set aside a certain amount that would be able to roll over to the next year. Say like we want 10 mil to roll over so we are putting that to the side where we won't touch it this year. Not that it auto rolled over.
[Image: chiefs_jamaal_charles_sig_by_twisted_rea...34kkke.png]
Keep in mind that Mahomes, Kpassagnon, and Hunt still are unsigned. So chances are that money freed up from this move most likely will pay for those three, plus whatever options is out there in the FA market.
(06-03-2017, 03:46 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(06-03-2017, 09:32 AM)NOLA Wrote:
(06-02-2017, 06:56 PM)asskickingboots Wrote: It was a surprise to me as it was most people, but money...

Chiefs save $10M against the cap for a player they haven't got much out of with only $2.4M in dead money. This shouldn't have surprised us.

Now the question is if this opens the Chiefs up to another move. A trade? Anquan Boldin? I know this just happened because it's after June 1st, but I can't help but get the feeling this isn't the last move.

I have been saying this for over a year, dammit.

[Image: i-feel-like-im-taking-crazy-pills.gif]

You were saying this after an 1,100 yard 8 TD season with an infamously timid QB?  It was by far the best season any WR ever had with Smith at the helm.

Because over a year ago Maclin was coming off of a good season.

What did Maclin fail to do in 2015 that you had expected?!  I can't figure it out.  I didn't expect him to break 1000 yards with Alex.  Ever.

I'm just not a fan.
[Image: nolasig.gif]
Homer: [reading] "Project Arcturus couldn't have succeeded without you. This will get you a little closer to that dream of yours. It's not the Dallas Cowboys, but it's a start. Drop me a line if you're on the East Coast, Hank Scorpio." Aw, the Denver Broncos!
Marge: I think owning the Denver Broncos is pretty good.
Homer: Yeah, yeah.
Marge: Well, explain to me why it isn't.
Homer: [sighs] You just don't understand football, Marge.
(06-04-2017, 08:08 AM)tyecopeland Wrote:
(06-03-2017, 08:52 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:

Okay. I thought you had to set aside a certain amount that would be able to roll over to the next year. Say like we want 10 mil to roll over so we are putting that to the side where we won't touch it this year. Not that it auto rolled over.

I can't find the exact rules, but for example Cleveland has something ridiculous, like $510M of cap rollover, because ownership is cheap af. I don't know how they could get that much if it didn't auto roll over.
This news came as a bit of a surprise to me, but when Maclin got hurt, and Tyreek started getting more reps, JM was being phased out. I'm with Jonas that as long as Alex is QB, there is no need to go out and waste this savings on another WR. Conley and Robinson are coming on, and with Kelsey and Hill as the primary receivers, I feel KC has the weapons to move the ball. Also excited to see what Hunt can do, when it comes game-time. I am reserving judgement on Chessor, as I don't know what he offers at this moment, other than special teams.
(06-04-2017, 10:32 AM)NOLA Wrote:
(06-02-2017, 06:56 PM)asskickingboots Wrote: It was a surprise to me as it was most people, but money...

Chiefs save $10M against the cap for a player they haven't got much out of with only $2.4M in dead money. This shouldn't have surprised us.

Now the question is if this opens the Chiefs up to another move. A trade? Anquan Boldin? I know this just happened because it's after June 1st, but I can't help but get the feeling this isn't the last move.

You were saying this after an 1,100 yard 8 TD season with an infamously timid QB?  It was by far the best season any WR ever had with Smith at the helm.

What did Maclin fail to do in 2015 that you had expected?!  I can't figure it out.  I didn't expect him to break 1000 yards with Alex.  Ever.

I'm just not a fan.

You really hate the Eagles don't you?   Big Grin
(06-06-2017, 10:03 AM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(06-04-2017, 10:32 AM)NOLA Wrote:

I'm just not a fan.

You really hate the Eagles don't you?   Big Grin

[Image: nolasig.gif]
Homer: [reading] "Project Arcturus couldn't have succeeded without you. This will get you a little closer to that dream of yours. It's not the Dallas Cowboys, but it's a start. Drop me a line if you're on the East Coast, Hank Scorpio." Aw, the Denver Broncos!
Marge: I think owning the Denver Broncos is pretty good.
Homer: Yeah, yeah.
Marge: Well, explain to me why it isn't.
Homer: [sighs] You just don't understand football, Marge.