Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Overtime rules
from 15 minutes down to 10.  Joy! Rapture! an earth shaking action!  Okay, try this. How about the first team to score wins. Yep, go back to the way it was. Give both teams a chance with the ball?  Play defense and get the ball back. College overtime sucks also. Put the ball on the 25? Go for two after third TD? Why not just put the ball on the 50 and play from there.
(05-23-2017, 01:22 PM)Razorchief Wrote: from 15 minutes down to 10.  Joy! Rapture! an earth shaking action!  Okay, try this. How about the first team to score wins. Yep, go back to the way it was. Give both teams a chance with the ball?  Play defense and get the ball back. College overtime sucks also. Put the ball on the 25? Go for two after third TD? Why not just put the ball on the 50 and play from there.

I love college OT rules. Not much more exciting than a triple OT barnburner! The 25 would probably be too close for NFL offenses, though.

I get lessening the NFL OT time just for player safety, but it will by necessity result in more soccer-esque, boring as balls ties. I'd be fine with putting the ball on the 50 and going for 2 after the first time for each team. Think that'd be about right, but the NFLPA probably wouldn't like it.
This rule change is just dumb.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

They can't sit there and try to sell me that this is for the purpose of player safety.

Bull. Fucking. Shit.

Either you do the college rules (better) or just get rid of Thursday Night Football.
I'm with RC.  

The overtime rules were fine before they started messing with them.
This rule is dumb.
They changed it so the games would go too long and preempt the shows following the game.  God help us if 60 minutes is interrupted
[Image: HG.gif]
(05-24-2017, 08:07 AM)HG Wrote: They changed it so the games would go too long and preempt the shows following the game.  God help us if 60 minutes is interrupted

Yeah, well, it kinda pisses me off when a 3 oclock KC game is preempted by 20 minutes of the Browns vs. Dolphins.  

The rule still sucks.  Bring back sudden death.  They only made that rule because Pey Pey's defenses sucked in Indy and kept losing in overtime.  He's retired.  It's fine now.
(05-24-2017, 09:37 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(05-24-2017, 08:07 AM)HG Wrote: They changed it so the games would go too long and preempt the shows following the game.  God help us if 60 minutes is interrupted

Yeah, well, it kinda pisses me off when a 3 oclock KC game is preempted by 20 minutes of the Browns vs. Dolphins.  

The rule still sucks.  Bring back sudden death.  They only made that rule because Pey Pey's defenses sucked in Indy and kept losing in overtime.  He's retired.  It's fine now.

They literally made that overtime rule because of Brett Favre's fragile ass.  Fuck you and everyone else who tries to make it anything else.

http://chicago.sbnation.com/chicago-bear...rett-favre

The Saints won that game.
(05-25-2017, 01:09 AM)NOLA Wrote:

They literally made that overtime rule because of Brett Favre's fragile ass.  Fuck you and everyone else who tries to make it anything else.

I was laffin so hard at this.

Not in a condescending way.  I'm impressed by the passion.

I'm not touching it.
(05-25-2017, 02:06 AM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(05-25-2017, 01:09 AM)NOLA Wrote:

I was laffin so hard at this.

Not in a condescending way.  I'm impressed by the passion.

I'm not touching it.

I appreciate that you took it in the spirit it was posted.  I almost deleted it, but... fuck it.  Big Grin

Fucking whiny Vikings fans.