Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs 2017 Draft

What are you hoping for?

I don't know much about college ball. That being said, everything I've read suggests this year's QB class is iffy.

I'd hate to see us pass by a future superstar at another position to grab a developmental QB.

[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]

(04-25-2017, 09:20 AM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:  What are you hoping for?

I don't know much about college ball. That being said, everything I've read suggests this year's QB class is iffy.

I'd hate to see us pass by a future superstar at another position to grab a developmental QB.

I don't know about QBs, but this is your annual reminder that we drafted Jeff Fisher with the first overall pick.  So, like, I try not to get excited about the draft until afterwards.

(04-25-2017, 09:49 AM)NOLA Wrote:  

I don't know about QBs, but this is your annual reminder that we drafted Jeff Fisher with the first overall pick.  So, like, I try not to get excited about the draft until afterwards.

Well, I can tell you there's no way we're going fucking 7-9.

Mahommes and Watson are probably worth a flier on a late 1st round pick, but they are very different QBs. I'm trusting Dorsey and Reid on this. If not, I'd still like a developmental QB pick.

BPA is typically what I want, but I would prioritize CB, RB, ILB, and QB.

(04-25-2017, 09:55 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  

Heh.  That's a pretty good typo and follow-up joke, but you missed the real opportunity here:

To his credit, he didn't go 7-9.

(04-25-2017, 12:05 PM)NOLA Wrote:  

Heh.  That's a pretty good typo and follow-up joke, but you missed the real opportunity here:

I was paraphrasing that. Couldn't look it up at work.

(04-25-2017, 12:25 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(04-25-2017, 12:05 PM)NOLA Wrote:  

I was paraphrasing that. Couldn't look it up at work.

You were close enough.  I'm just glad it's on youtube.  Solid gold, every time.  I'm gonna miss making fun of Jeff Fisher.

Whelp, the draft's tonight.

If the Chiefs don't take a QB in the first few rounds, how do you feel about that?

[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]

They did their homework. They spent 7 of their 30 prospect visits on QBs. Several experts have called this a weak QB class. The last thing I want them to do is pick a QB early they don't like because they feel obligated.

That being said, I really hope a guy they like falls into their laps and they pull the trigger.

(04-27-2017, 08:22 AM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:  Whelp, the draft's tonight.

If the Chiefs don't take a QB in the first few rounds, how do you feel about that?

I think it's like the Jeff Eric Fisher draft class wherein there's not really a QB worth taking early, which sort of blows, but I'd rather not reach for the sake of reaching, similar to what akb said.