Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs 2017 Draft
(04-27-2017, 08:33 PM)Rasskickingboots Wrote:
(04-27-2017, 08:31 PM)warthog Wrote: Who were we trying to beat out for Mahomes for us to trade up so high?  Mahomes wouldn't have been around later?

I don't think he would have.

Houston just literally traded up to 12, I'm assuming to pick Watson. QB is slim after that.
Gotcha.  Yeah I saw that on ESPN.  We must have thought Texans were going after him.
Would have rather had Watson, being as we traded that far up.  Dorsey and Andy must be real high on the kid.  It's not that I don't like him, just not at 10.
Holy moly. That is a surprise.

They must reaaaallllyyy like the kid.
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
(04-27-2017, 08:37 PM)chiefsfaninky Wrote: Would have rather had Watson, being as we traded that far up.  Dorsey and Andy must be real high on the kid.  It's not that I don't like him, just not at 10.

Since Watson went right after Mahomes, we will forever compare these two QBs careers.  Hope we come out on top on that.
Besides Houston, we were also in competition with Cleveland for a QB, so I guess Dorsey thought he needed to pull the trigger
(04-27-2017, 08:39 PM)warthog Wrote:
(04-27-2017, 08:37 PM)chiefsfaninky Wrote: Would have rather had Watson, being as we traded that far up.  Dorsey and Andy must be real high on the kid.  It's not that I don't like him, just not at 10.

Since Watson went right after Mahomes, we will forever compare these two QBs careers.  Hope we come out on top on that.

Like I said. I like the kid, but QB wasn't really a position of need. Not like CB or ILB.
(04-27-2017, 08:39 PM)warthog Wrote:

Watson is more polished. I do not think he has the potential of Mahommes. However, Watson is going to a great situation in Houston.

It should be interesting comparing the two.
(04-27-2017, 08:41 PM)warthog Wrote: Besides Houston, we were also in competition with Cleveland for a QB, so I guess Dorsey thought he needed to pull the trigger

Also, Arizona. That's before you consider teams possibly moving up or the Browns if they didn't trade out.
A cornerback will be our next pick.
(04-27-2017, 08:46 PM)warthog Wrote: A cornerback will be our next pick.

I could see CB, RB, or LB before I know who actually drops. Lots of good DBs and RBs in this draft and we still have a 2nd and a 3rd, along with 6 third day picks. ILB is not nearly as deep.