Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs 2017 Draft

(04-27-2017, 07:16 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(04-27-2017, 05:33 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  I think it was Jonas and I that defended the wideouts. I really do believe a Tom Brady or Drew Brees would light up the sky with these receivers, especially if you're including Kelce in the mix. Maclin, Hill, Kelce, Conley... really, Conley is the only one that isn't more or less proven of that group, and he's literally one of the most talented (talking pure athleticism and speed) WRs in the league.

I think that's a lot of talent for a QB to throw to. The fact that Smith hasn't done more with those weapons is disappointing to say the least. That's not to say the position couldn't be improved, and we do have to look to the future. I wouldn't be against getting a receiver, I just think it's more of a want than a need.

You think you and Jonas were on the same page there?

That our wideouts are good? Yes. We just vehemently disagreed on if Julian Edelman was any good. Big Grin

He's free to correct me if I misremembered.

The Chiefs traded to #10! AND?

NFL Network went to commercial.... FUCK!

OMG OMG OMG OMFG!

[Image: HG.gif]

Mahommes!

LOVES football, ridiculous arm talent. This could be a very good thing.

Huh.

(04-27-2017, 08:22 PM)NOLA Wrote:  Huh.

Short of it, the Chiefs traded the 1st, 3rd, and next year's 1st for a gunslinger QB, best arm talent in the draft beyond a doubt.

Who were we trying to beat out for Mahomes for us to trade up so high?  Mahomes wouldn't have been around later?

(04-27-2017, 08:31 PM)warthog Wrote:  Who were we trying to beat out for Mahomes for us to trade up so high?  Mahomes wouldn't have been around later?

I don't think he would have.

Houston just literally traded up to 12, I'm assuming to pick Watson. QB is slim after that.

I don't get it. He isn't coming in to start, so let's jump 17 slots and grab him????? When I saw the trade, I thought Watson. IMO, we could have waited on Mahommes. He most likely would have been there at 27.  Not the worst trade, but definately not a good one.