Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Kansas City Royals Thread
The Royals, historically, are a 2nd half team.

Plus, there is 10 head to head games against Clevelend.  Those will be important games.

As long as they're winning series after series, they'll be in the playoff mix.
http://deadspin.com/the-royals-just-cant...1798525805

Ruh-roh.
They were laughing pretty hard at the Royals on Tampa TV this morning.
(08-29-2017, 11:53 AM)DallasChief Wrote: They were laughing pretty hard at the Royals on Tampa TV this morning.

[Image: OohBurn.gif]
Wow.  Two appearances on deadspin in one day.  Not great.

http://deadspin.com/royals-pitcher-danny...1798540391
So I can give up on this season now, right?
(09-04-2017, 11:55 AM)NOLA Wrote: So I can give up on this season now, right?

It'd probably be wise to. They actually did end up winning the series against the Twins this weekend despite giving up a 17-0 loss (?!) in the middle, but there's more to it than that.

The Royals are one of 8 teams vying for 2 wild card spots and are the 2nd furthest back of those teams, 3.5 GB of the Twins in the second wild card spot with just 26 games to go. Really, the Royals are 5.5 GB of the Yankees for the first wild card spot, so it'd take a pretty epic collapse to worry about the first spot.

It helps that they have 4 games coming up against the Twins, but the math is against them even if they do win that series. We'll have a much clearer picture about a week from now if it's even reasonably possible. It just isn't likely that enough other teams will cooperate to make it happen.

Also, I just don't think the starting pitching and offense has been good enough lately to expect winning at the clip it would take.
Baseball ends tomorrow, right?
(09-05-2017, 02:24 PM)DallasChief Wrote: Baseball ends tomorrow, right?

For me, yes. It'll take a minor miracle for it to get my near undivided attention again.