Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs 2017 Offseason Thread
(06-22-2017, 11:17 PM)NOLA Wrote:
(06-22-2017, 11:12 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(06-22-2017, 10:49 PM)NOLA Wrote:
(06-22-2017, 10:44 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(06-22-2017, 03:02 PM)NOLA Wrote: So, we didn't even know for sure when his last contract was ending, but we know he signed a new one to keep him here for... awhile?  Cool.  Cool cool cool.

So we kept Reid and dumped Dorsey.

So.. I guess Reid is gonna expand his powers?

Yaaaaaaay /sarcasm

The Dorsey news was not announced when I posted this.  I am also not stoked.

You're the only person I can imagine more agitated them me, given how much you like Andy Reid.  

Dorsey had done a great job.

Andy promised he had changed.  Andy said it would be different this time.  Andy lied.

EDIT: And I do think there's a lot to like about Andy as a coach.  There's nothing to like about Andy as a wannabe GM.

That's fine.  I have good news.  

There's nothing indicating Reid was part of this.  Apparently he was told, but not asked for input,about Dorsey's release.  Clark appears to fully intend to hire a GM as a replacement and Andy's power will not be extending into personnel.

It's looking more and more like Dorsey was unwilling to commit to KC long term, and Hunt didn't want a lame duck GM going into the season.
(06-23-2017, 08:44 AM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(06-22-2017, 10:49 PM)NOLA Wrote:
(06-22-2017, 10:44 PM)The_Jonas Wrote: So we kept Reid and dumped Dorsey.

So.. I guess Reid is gonna expand his powers?

Yaaaaaaay /sarcasm

The Dorsey news was not announced when I posted this.  I am also not stoked.

You're the only person I can imagine more agitated them me, given how much you like Andy Reid.  

Andy promised he had changed.  Andy said it would be different this time.  Andy lied.

EDIT: And I do think there's a lot to like about Andy as a coach.  There's nothing to like about Andy as a wannabe GM.

There's nothing indicating Reid was part of this.  Apparently he was told, but not asked for input,about Dorsey's release.  Clark appears to fully intend to hire a GM as a replacement and Andy's power will not be extending into personnel.

It's looking more and more like Dorsey was unwilling to commit to KC long term, and Hunt didn't want a lame duck GM going into the season.

Well, that's sort of troubling in its own right, isn't it?  Up until now, Clark Hunt has done a good job coming across as a likable and reasonable owner willing to spend money to attract highly sought-after talent (Pioli, Dorsey, and Reid were all big "gets" when he got them).  So its strange to me that Dorsey wouldn't want to stay someplace where he's built good success.  I have to believe Clark was willing to give him the money, so what was Dorsey's issue?
(06-23-2017, 08:54 AM)NOLA Wrote:
(06-23-2017, 08:44 AM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(06-22-2017, 10:49 PM)NOLA Wrote: The Dorsey news was not announced when I posted this.  I am also not stoked.

Well, that's sort of troubling in its own right, isn't it?  Up until now, Clark Hunt has done a good job coming across as a likable and reasonable owner willing to spend money to attract highly sought-after talent (Pioli, Dorsey, and Reid were all big "gets" when he got them).  So its strange to me that Dorsey wouldn't want to stay someplace where he's built good success.  I have to believe Clark was willing to give him the money, so what was Dorsey's issue?

All speculation.  Some think Dorsey wanted more than Clark would pay.  Some think Dorsey wants to bail to Green Bay and wanted to leave himself an out.  I dunno.  It appears, however, that the conflict was between Hunt and Dorsey, with Reid being rather uninvolved.

I agree, Clark has shown a willingness to shell out money to get and keep big names, so it would surprise me if money was the key issue.  It will come out eventually.
Look, I live in a perfectly nice place, with friends, and if I stayed here, I'd probably be perfectly happy.

But it's not home.

Dorse probably has GB in his heart, like I have KC in mine.  He's wrong, but hey, no accounting for taste.

Rumors swirling about his management style and some of the weirdness in the offseason came to a head.

We may never know the full story.
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
HG and AKB

Either of you gone or going to camp this year?
Went yesterday.  First day of pads.  Guys were fricking hitting
[Image: HG.gif]
How does Mahomes look in camp so far?
[Image: chiefs-wins-sig_zpsc1apbtaz.jpg]
He tends to get ones hopes up
[Image: HG.gif]
(07-31-2017, 08:16 AM)DallasChief Wrote: HG and AKB

Either of you gone or going to camp this year?

Unfortunately camp coincides with my busy time of year at work, the time leading up to and immediately after schools get back in session. For instance, I just finished working a 15 hour day today.

I've only been to 2 sessions since they moved it back to St. Joseph. I'll try to make it to one, but I'm not guaranteeing anything.
Since it is still technically off-season I will go ahead and use this forum to mention that the first Tailgate occurs in TEN Days!!  Bringing two of my smaller grills and will be ready to warm up deli sandwiches, brats, some not-smoked but still good tenderloin and other stuff. All welcome!