Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs 2017 Offseason Thread
Now if we can keep Poe as well life might be a bit better.
I keep reading rumors suggesting cutting JC and Colquitt for the cap space.
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
and SHIT!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...al-charles
It's all over the news now - JC is GONE.
Glad we got Eric Berry, i honestly did not think we could seriously win a super bowl without him( although as a Chiefs fan i would still say otherwise to most people) now that he is coming back for 6 years i beilieve that we have a good chance of winning a super bowl. Hes on the road to being a hall of fame player and he may push us over the top.
I believe it would have been naive to think Charles would be in KC next year.  

I hope he has success where he goes.  Maybe Philly?
(02-28-2017, 02:22 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote: I keep reading rumors suggesting cutting JC and Colquitt for the cap space.

Cutting Charles was a hard to avoid reality. Injury problems combined with age and a big cap hit made it clear he had to go. Unfortunate.

Colquitt, on the other hand, is just expensive as hell for a punter. A really good punter, granted, but a punter. He did not and does not feel as inevitable as Charles did.
Does anybody have any guesses and how much Charles will get on the open market?  I'm genuinely curious.
(03-01-2017, 10:47 AM)NOLA Wrote: Does anybody have any guesses and how much Charles will get on the open market?  I'm genuinely curious.

The Saints could use him. Big Grin

Willing to bet he'll take a smaller base salary on an incentive laden contract on a team where he can get a lot of carries. I'm guessing $3M to #5M plus incentives, but I'm basing that on literally nothing but a guess.
(03-01-2017, 03:56 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:
(03-01-2017, 10:47 AM)NOLA Wrote: Does anybody have any guesses and how much Charles will get on the open market?  I'm genuinely curious.

The Saints could use him. Big Grin

Willing to bet he'll take a smaller base salary on an incentive laden contract on a team where he can get a lot of carries. I'm guessing $3M to #5M plus incentives, but I'm basing that on literally nothing but a guess.

He definitely fits the Saints free agency spending MO.  "Declining star coming off of injury" is second only to "guy coming off his rookie deal who's team inexplicably didn't try to keep him" as far as how they hand out cash.