Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs Chiefs @ Falcons Game Thread
IMO, we can't afford to drop this game, especially given we are hosting the Faid the following week.

That game needs to be for first place in the AFC West, and a top seed in the playoffs.  If we lose to the Falcons, that won't happen.

Thoughts?  I think the Chiefs desperately need Maclin back out on the field.  No way that Hill will pull that off in Atlanta; they'll be on him.
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
Atlanta has a good offense, but they are not even close to the Denver Defense.  Still this one is gonna be tough.  Looked like Alex Smith showed back up in the 4th quarter last night.  Hope he is ready to go
[Image: HG.gif]
This game is a twofer for me, so I really, really need to see a win here.
[Image: nolasig.gif]
Homer: [reading] "Project Arcturus couldn't have succeeded without you. This will get you a little closer to that dream of yours. It's not the Dallas Cowboys, but it's a start. Drop me a line if you're on the East Coast, Hank Scorpio." Aw, the Denver Broncos!
Marge: I think owning the Denver Broncos is pretty good.
Homer: Yeah, yeah.
Marge: Well, explain to me why it isn't.
Homer: [sighs] You just don't understand football, Marge.
Ford, Maclin, Nelson practicing.

Howard and Poe, not so much.

I think we can survive no Howard and Poe, but having Ford & Maclin back, and a healthy Nelson, will make a HUGE difference, IMO, if they're healthy and good to go.
(11-30-2016, 01:44 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote: Ford, Maclin, Nelson practicing.

I think we can survive no Howard and Poe, but having Ford & Maclin back, and a healthy Nelson, will make a HUGE difference, IMO, if they're healthy and good to go.

I was just dropping in to post this.

It would be nice to have Poe and Howard, but we've lived with Howard for a while and I think we've got the d-line depth to survive this.

Having Ford as a pass rusher against Matt Ryan really would help the odds of getting him to do bad Matt Ryan things instead of good Matt Ryan things. Maclin opens up the offense, especially with the emergence of Tyreek Hill. But Nelson might be the most important to get back. He's been our best nickel CB this year and that would help immensely against a heavy passing attack.
(11-30-2016, 02:12 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:

It would be nice to have Poe and Howard, but we've lived with Howard for a while and I think we've got the d-line depth to survive this.

Having Ford as a pass rusher against Matt Ryan really would help the odds of getting him to do bad Matt Ryan things instead of good Matt Ryan things. Maclin opens up the offense, especially with the emergence of Tyreek Hill. But Nelson might be the most important to get back. He's been our best nickel CB this year and that would help immensely against a heavy passing attack.

Nelson is the one nobody talks about, but he's quietly been putting together a hell of a good season.
(11-30-2016, 03:24 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:

Nelson is the one nobody talks about, but he's quietly been putting together a hell of a good season.

Talk to me. He's the starter.  He plays outside in the base defense.  He moves to the nickle in sub packages because he's BETTER THAN GAINES and can cover better from the middle of the field.  Look at their snap counts!  The coaching staff clearly relies on him more than Gaines.  

Gaines is NOT the starter.  Nelson is.  He was missed.  Gaines, with his history of always being injured, really can't afford to be playing that badly.  Acker isn't a terrible guy.  He was solid if not high quality in SF.

"Chris Jones is a future probowler"

Without him, we'd have some problems on the DL, even if he wasn't a big impact player against Denver.

I REALLY think KC hit an under rated home run on their 2nd round pick.

Ragdolling fools is just something that shows up on film  It showed up with Houston as a rookie as well.
What's your biggest upset for Week 13?

Bowen: I'll take the Chiefs over the Falcons in Atlanta. Kansas City linebacker Justin Houston put on a pass-rushing clinic in his return to the field against the Broncos on Sunday night, and the Chiefs are one of the most physical teams I've watched this season. Stop the run, put pressure on Matt Ryan and limit the quarterback's explosive plays to Julio Jones. It sounds simple, but it could be enough to steal a win on the road in Atlanta.

Sando: Winning on the road against Atlanta could be too much to ask from the Chiefs following their unreal overtime victory at Denver, but Kansas City could be even tougher down the stretch as key players return from injuries. That makes the Chiefs an appealing choice as underdogs no matter the week, no matter the opponent. I'm also interested in seeing whether the Cowboys slip up at Minnesota.
[Image: chiefs_jamaal_charles_sig_by_twisted_rea...34kkke.png]
(12-01-2016, 01:36 AM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(11-30-2016, 03:24 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:

Talk to me. He's the starter.  He plays outside in the base defense.  He moves to the nickle in sub packages because he's BETTER THAN GAINES and can cover better from the middle of the field.  Look at their snap counts!  The coaching staff clearly relies on him more than Gaines.  

Gaines is NOT the starter.  Nelson is.  He was missed.  Gaines, with his history of always being injured, really can't afford to be playing that badly.  Acker isn't a terrible guy.  He was solid if not high quality in SF.

I will feel happier with Nelson on Jones than Gaines, although Jones is going to get his yards no matter who we put out there.

Gaines needs to change his number so my lucky number DOESN'T SUCK.