Eric Berry
33.33%
3 33.33%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs Next Year - Berry or Poe?
There can be only one.  Which do you choose?
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
I picked Berry only because I feel it is harder to find a safety that changes the game.
[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!
Nononononono.  Not gonna choose.  Nope.  Keep em both
[Image: HG.gif]
Poe.  I don't think you come across that kind of freak athleticism at nose tackle very often, and it's a tough spot to fill in a 3-4 base.
Poe.  

Guys like him are near impossible to find, whereas players like berry are just very very hard to find.  Big Grin

While Berry is great, KC had a top 3 pass D when he missed the whole season with cancer. 

KC is going to have to make a decision.  Unless they cut ties with another large contract.  Maclin signed his too recently, and so did Houston.  Hali will always restructure if he doesn't retire (he's looking mighty old out there)... but I don't know where they'll get the money to bring both back.
Poe

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
[Image: 9to83k.png]
Poe. I'd hate to lose berry more for the loss of leadership and fire than for his actual play. I think the drop off from Poe to a regular guy is greater than the same from berry.
(11-14-2016, 08:41 PM)tyecopeland Wrote: Poe. I'd hate to lose berry more for the loss of leadership and fire than for his actual play. I think the drop off from Poe to a regular guy is greater than the same from berry.

Yup.  

Imagine Hali retires, Berry walks... those are THE leaders of the defense.  They may not be the best players, but they're the leaders. 

Peters was having a goddamn breakdown against the Jags, and Berry was the guy who reigned him in.  Because he has a voice a young passionate guy like Peters will listen to.
I think the majority opinion here mirrors mine. Poe is just a rarer talent, even though I think our d-line's future looks more stacked than our defensive backfield.
Anybody want to reconsider their vote, given Poe is having recurring back problems again?
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]