Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
STARWARS - SPOILER THREAD
Loved this movie.  I like the new characters, Rey, Finn, and Poe.  I really like seeing a strong female character in the same vain as Arya Stark and Michonne in a feature Star Wars film.  You can really get behind Rey and her journey into learning about the force within her.  She is going to be fun to watch.  Finn was good, but we all knew that, he was probably the most shown in all the trailers, but I really liked Poe and where they were going with him.  Hopefully he will have more of a role in the next films.

Sadly, my sister gave away the scene between Han and Ben on the bridge, even though she thought she was being secretive about it, I was able to put two and two together.  Had goose bumps when Luke turned around to look at Rey.  He looked kind of cool.  Kind of a mix between  obi wan and Proximo from Gladiator.  

Great exciting movie, can't wait for more.
Just watched it again. Only one specific problem I hadn't noticed earlier. The first time they fired the Starkiller it was still light at the base. Did they only use part of the star, or is it from a binary star? Not un-explainable, but probably still an oversight.

I kind of wish I hadn't went to see it again already because I don't want to spend any more money on this movie while it's in theaters (unless I go to an IMAX or OMNIMAX) and it's going to be tempting during its no doubt long run.

Damn, I love this movie.
So here is my theory with Rey,  She is either Ren's Sister or Luke's Daughter.   I think after Ren wiped out the new Jedi Luke wiped her memory and sent her away.  

A couple reasons for this theory. 
1) She is really adept with the force with 0 training.  She used the Jedi Mind Trick with just finding out the force was a real thing not even 24 hours before.  I think she had training before and lays dormant in her subconscious.
2) If she was abandoned at such a young age and it's been over 15 years why is she still holding so much faith that her family will return to Jakku?  I think it is a jedi mind trick on her telling her that she has to stay.  So without even realizing it she was being drawn back there.  
3) She is a master at machinery, specifically the millennium Falcon. What if she had experience on the falcon before?

Granted there are some holes with this.  Why doesn't Ren recognize her?  Why don't Han or Leia tell her? They would have to have a good story to fill these holes in.
[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates
https://www.facebook.com/nathan.ryan.pierson
I'd like to point out that Ben Solo carries the 'skywalkers are whiny bitches' torch quite well.  

I guess we can't escape that.  It's why I suspect Rey isn't a Skywalker.  She's not a whiny bitch.
(12-23-2015, 01:02 AM)The_Jonas Wrote: I'd like to point out that Ben Solo carries the 'skywalkers are whiny bitches' torch quite well.  

I guess we can't escape that.  It's why I suspect Rey isn't a Skywalker.  She's not a whiny bitch.

Haha I told my friend as we walked out of the theater that the Whiny Bitching runs strong in the skywalker family
[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates
https://www.facebook.com/nathan.ryan.pierson
(12-23-2015, 01:07 AM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:
(12-23-2015, 01:02 AM)The_Jonas Wrote: I'd like to point out that Ben Solo carries the 'skywalkers are whiny bitches' torch quite well.  

Haha I told my friend as we walked out of the theater that the Whiny Bitching runs strong in the skywalker family

Rey must be a Kenobi or something.  All zen and bad ass.  If she starts drinking a lot, I'll be certain.

The "Luke's daughter' thing just seems too obvious.  I don't doubt that's the route, but it just seems... so obvious.  We're talking JJ Abrams here.
(12-23-2015, 12:17 AM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote: So here is my theory with Rey,  She is either Ren's Sister or Luke's Daughter.   I think after Ren wiped out the new Jedi Luke wiped her memory and sent her away.  

A couple reasons for this theory. 
1) She is really adept with the force with 0 training.  She used the Jedi Mind Trick with just finding out the force was a real thing not even 24 hours before.  I think she had training before and lays dormant in her subconscious.
2) If she was abandoned at such a young age and it's been over 15 years why is she still holding so much faith that her family will return to Jakku?  I think it is a jedi mind trick on her telling her that she has to stay.  So without even realizing it she was being drawn back there.  
3) She is a master at machinery, specifically the millennium Falcon. What if she had experience on the falcon before?  

Granted there are some holes with this.  Why doesn't Ren recognize her?  Why don't Han or Leia tell her? They would have to have a good story to fill these holes in.

I agree with Jonas that the Luke's or Leia's daughter theory seems too obvious. It's definitely possible, but I'm hoping it's something else. As far as the rest of it.

1) She essentially reverse engineered Ren's attempts to get in her mind moments before. That was a far bigger task, I'm assuming, and likely taught her the foundation of how Jedi mind tricks work. Doesn't change your general point that she was figuring out the force pretty damn quick, though.
2) We've never seen a Jedi mind trick last that long. It's always been immediate and small stuff. I just don't know that it's necessary she be mind-tricked, especially considering we see a momentary flashback of her as a child watching a ship leave her.
3) She's a scaver that practiced tearing important parts out of machinery for years. I don't think her messing with the Falcon was anything special considering she also knew how to open doors on the cargo ship and a First Legion base she'd never been to.

I will say this in the defense of the theory. Ren wouldn't recognize her because he literally may have never met her. He was sent off to train before then. He'd have to recognize her through the force. As far as Han and Leia not saying anything... I got nothing. That's a huge leap to believe they wouldn't say anything if they knew.
It is very obvious she is Luke's daughter.  I also read somehwere else that in the new video game Ren calls her cuz.
(12-24-2015, 12:02 PM)Steve Austin Wrote: It is very obvious she is Luke's daughter.  I also read somehwere else that in the new video game Ren calls her cuz.

That brings me to another thing.

Kylo Ren.  

Ren is the honorary title like 'Darth' while Kylo is his individual title.  Why did people call him Ren instead of Kylo?
(12-24-2015, 12:39 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(12-24-2015, 12:02 PM)Steve Austin Wrote: It is very obvious she is Luke's daughter.  I also read somehwere else that in the new video game Ren calls her cuz.

That brings me to another thing.

Kylo Ren.  

Ren is the honorary title like 'Darth' while Kylo is his individual title.  Why did people call him Ren instead of Kylo?

Better than me calling him Jacen instead of Ben. I'm sure I confused a couple friends.