Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music - What Are You Listening To?
(11-03-2015, 07:39 PM)tyecopeland Wrote: Fetty wap trap queen

Awesome! Even if it does seem to be a song about cooking meth.

I just got done listening to TessaracT's Altered State album. Excellent. They're a progressive metal band, vaguely similar to something like Tool.

After that I thought I'd switch up gears and listen to Big Data, a band I found on the new Madden game. Seems like they feature different singers in each of their songs. Not too bad so far. Varies a lot by song, but it's more or less a mix of electronica, rock, and pop.

Vivaldi's Concerto for 2 Mandolins cranked up good and loud. The first movement is probably the happiest piece of music ever written.
I'm sure I'm the only hip hop head here, but I really dig this new Hopsin Track

[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates
https://www.facebook.com/nathan.ryan.pierson
(11-04-2015, 09:34 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote: I'm sure I'm the only hip hop head here, but I really dig this new Hopsin Track

You would be wrong in that assumption. Haven't listened to this yet, but the few hopspin songs I have heard I've liked.
(11-04-2015, 11:01 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:
(11-04-2015, 09:34 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote: I'm sure I'm the only hip hop head here, but I really dig this new Hopsin Track

You would be wrong in that assumption. Haven't listened to this yet, but the few hopspin songs I have heard I've liked.

He is awesome. Has some great flows and rhymes.  He is crazy though and is a full blown illuminati conspiracy theorist. 

I've been looking for some new rap though. Will listen to anything Em, Hop or tech. Love early Jay-z.  Kayne's ego is just too big for me to get into his music. I do dig what Yelawolf is doing though.
[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates
https://www.facebook.com/nathan.ryan.pierson
(11-04-2015, 11:23 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:
(11-04-2015, 11:01 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:

He is awesome. Has some great flows and rhymes.  He is crazy though and is a full blown illuminati conspiracy theorist. 

I've been looking for some new rap though. Will listen to anything Em, Hop or tech. Love early Jay-z.  Kayne's ego is just too big for me to get into his music. I do dig what Yelawolf is doing though.
Talib Kweli, Common, Mos Def. I really like those guys. They usually have something to say in their rhymes, Kweli in particular can get a little political. But Black Star's (which is Kweli and Mos def) album is really good as is Reflection Eternal (which is Kweli and a producer).

Then there's also the duo Run the Jewels (el-p and killer mike). I've only really listened to their first album but I've read good stuff about their follow up as well
Saliva : Always
[Image: HG.gif]
I like a couple specific hip hop / rap artists and songs, especially stuff that involves some actual instruments like the Wylde Bunch, but it's definitely not my scene.

Anyway, right now I'm listening to the creatively named album Periphery II by Periphery.

I liked this band a lot more before I found out minutes ago they did a cover of Slipknot's "the Heretic Anthem".

Has been raining here most of the day. Billie Holiday very appropriate. Van Morrison earlier.