Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
THE X-FILES REBORN (formerly NOLA! NOOOOLLAAAA!)
Ok, so, I listen to the Nerdist podcast. Last week he had Gillian Anderson on the show and it was great.

On the show, they decided to start a hashtag campaign on Twitter, #xfiles2015, to say that Gillian, David and Chris Carter are all on board for a new 8-10 episode series, and that all they need is for Fox to greenlight it.

Well, today, there's this news:

http://deadline.com/2015/01/x-files-rebo...201352465/
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
Apparently, the Truth is still out there.........
[Image: MHT-banner-3-v3.jpg]
ChiefsChick23, post: 174150, member: 17 Wrote:Ok, so, I listen to the Nerdist podcast. Last week he had Gillian Anderson on the show and it was great.

On the show, they decided to start a hashtag campaign on Twitter, #xfiles2015, to say that Gillian, David and Chris Carter are all on board for a new 8-10 episode series, and that all they need is for Fox to greenlight it.

Well, today, there's this news:

http://deadline.com/2015/01/x-files-rebo...201352465/
I listened to that podcast. She was great.

As for this, I'm excited. I can't imagine why Fox wouldn't do this. Even if they don't want to run it on the network, I would think the studio Fox would produce this in conjunction with Netflix or someone just to get it out there. It's so obvious.
[Image: nolasig.gif]
Homer: [reading] "Project Arcturus couldn't have succeeded without you. This will get you a little closer to that dream of yours. It's not the Dallas Cowboys, but it's a start. Drop me a line if you're on the East Coast, Hank Scorpio." Aw, the Denver Broncos!
Marge: I think owning the Denver Broncos is pretty good.
Homer: Yeah, yeah.
Marge: Well, explain to me why it isn't.
Homer: [sighs] You just don't understand football, Marge.
NOLA, post: 174152, member: 22 Wrote:I listened to that podcast. She was great.

As for this, I'm excited. I can't imagine why Fox wouldn't do this. Even if they don't want to run it on the network, I would think the studio Fox would produce this in conjunction with Netflix or someone just to get it out there. It's so obvious.

A short series would be PERFECT. Modern TV allows this; it's be a huge event. Imagine how quality it would have been if they'd had 10-12 eps a season vs. 22-24. A lot of the "meh" episodes are obviously filler.

I mean, imagine Season 2 with only 12 episodes:

Little Green Men
The Host (gotta have Flukeman)
Sleepless (unless they intro'd Krycek in different ep)
Duane Barry
Ascension
One Breath
Irresistible
Die Hand Die Verletzt
Colony/Endgame (could have been one ep, maybe)
Humbug
Our Town (I loved the concept) - OR, move D.P.O from Season 3 to Season 2...
Anasazi
Dan Harmon is going to be the guest for the X-Files Files about Jose Chung's From Outer Space, and Darin Morgan is also going to come talk about it. I think that's in two weeks.
Homer: [reading] "Project Arcturus couldn't have succeeded without you. This will get you a little closer to that dream of yours. It's not the Dallas Cowboys, but it's a start. Drop me a line if you're on the East Coast, Hank Scorpio." Aw, the Denver Broncos!
NOLA, post: 174444, member: 22 Wrote:Dan Harmon is going to be the guest for the X-Files Files about Jose Chung's From Outer Space, and Darin Morgan is also going to come talk about it. I think that's in two weeks.

AWESOME. I've been watching along, but I'm at "Jose Chung" now.
ChiefsChick23, post: 174523, member: 17 Wrote:AWESOME. I've been watching along, but I'm at "Jose Chung" now.
This week's is just Hell Money, and no second ep because he wanted to do a whole show about Jose Chung because of course. It's great.
NOLA, post: 174527, member: 22 Wrote:This week's is just Hell Money, and no second ep because he wanted to do a whole show about Jose Chung because of course. It's great.

Hell Money is one of those eps I always skip on rewatch.
ChiefsChick23, post: 174531, member: 17 Wrote:Hell Money is one of those eps I always skip on rewatch.
I think I only saw it the once.

Sent from my Batphone... because I'm Batman!
NOLA, post: 174532, member: 22 Wrote:I think I only saw it the once.

Sent from my Batphone... because I'm Batman!

That one and "Teso Dos Bichos" - I don't need to see Gillian Anderson suffer through an allergy to cats.