Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
THE X-FILES REBORN (formerly NOLA! NOOOOLLAAAA!)
I'll be honest, I don't really see your point here.  You just sound like an old man tilting at windmills to me.
[Image: nolasig.gif]
Homer: [reading] "Project Arcturus couldn't have succeeded without you. This will get you a little closer to that dream of yours. It's not the Dallas Cowboys, but it's a start. Drop me a line if you're on the East Coast, Hank Scorpio." Aw, the Denver Broncos!
Marge: I think owning the Denver Broncos is pretty good.
Homer: Yeah, yeah.
Marge: Well, explain to me why it isn't.
Homer: [sighs] You just don't understand football, Marge.
(06-28-2017, 10:22 AM)NOLA Wrote: I'll be honest, I don't really see your point here.  You just sound like an old man tilting at windmills to me.

You don't see any value in life experience regarding story telling or, more specifically, story creation?  

I mean, you can and probably will disagree, but I'm not speaking in sanskrit buddy.

I'm just making conversation, sorry to butt in on the closed session.  I should know better than to make any comment in this thread.
(06-28-2017, 09:17 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(06-28-2017, 10:22 AM)NOLA Wrote: I'll be honest, I don't really see your point here.  You just sound like an old man tilting at windmills to me.

You don't see any value in life experience regarding story telling or, more specifically, story creation?  

I mean, you can and probably will disagree, but I'm not speaking in sanskrit buddy.

I'm just making conversation, sorry to butt in on the closed session.  I should know better than to make any comment in this thread.

I wasn't trying to run you off.  You just sounded like a grumpy old guy, and I thought it was funny.

I understand your larger point, but by anecdotal evidence only, I feel like every generation says that the generation immediately after them is coddled.  Usually right around the age they start to feel old.  Also, plenty of young people have life experience (plenty of opportunity to go to war in the last twenty years, or have kids, or whatever), plenty of "old" people don't, and most people don't have anything worthwhile to say regardless of age or background.  But I'm willing to at least hear out a whippersnapper to see if they might be someone with something new, or interesting, or insightful to share.  Especially if it's a change of pace from all the shit I've already heard.
[Image: nolasig.gif]
Homer: [reading] "Project Arcturus couldn't have succeeded without you. This will get you a little closer to that dream of yours. It's not the Dallas Cowboys, but it's a start. Drop me a line if you're on the East Coast, Hank Scorpio." Aw, the Denver Broncos!
Marge: I think owning the Denver Broncos is pretty good.
Homer: Yeah, yeah.
Marge: Well, explain to me why it isn't.
Homer: [sighs] You just don't understand football, Marge.