Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
THE X-FILES REBORN (formerly NOLA! NOOOOLLAAAA!)
ChiefsChick23, post: 175394, member: 17 Wrote:Yeah. Google it, you'll find some. There's lots of odes out there as to why the X-Files changed TV as we know it.

I'm positively salivating for the Entertainment Weekly article(s) you know are coming.
Here's one where Alan Sepinwall actually uses the phrase "Murderer's Row writing staff". :jester:

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watchin...-out-there
[Image: nolasig.gif]
Homer: [reading] "Project Arcturus couldn't have succeeded without you. This will get you a little closer to that dream of yours. It's not the Dallas Cowboys, but it's a start. Drop me a line if you're on the East Coast, Hank Scorpio." Aw, the Denver Broncos!
Marge: I think owning the Denver Broncos is pretty good.
Homer: Yeah, yeah.
Marge: Well, explain to me why it isn't.
Homer: [sighs] You just don't understand football, Marge.
Sepinwall interview from last summer with Chris Carter about the show's legacy. This is just running for the first time today. He couldn't previously find any use for it, he just wanted to talk about X-Files instead of Carter's Amazon show, I guess (heard it was pretty terrible).

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watchin...les-legacy
Homer: [reading] "Project Arcturus couldn't have succeeded without you. This will get you a little closer to that dream of yours. It's not the Dallas Cowboys, but it's a start. Drop me a line if you're on the East Coast, Hank Scorpio." Aw, the Denver Broncos!
[media=twitter]580446725791485953[/media]
NOLA, post: 175397, member: 22 Wrote:[media=twitter]580446725791485953[/media]

[Image: 237.gif]

And there's this:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20...eturn.html
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
They'd save money if they film in Vancouver. JUST SAYING.

And DD doesn't have to worry about keeping the wife happy anymore...

:do:
ChiefsChick23, post: 175398, member: 17 Wrote:[Image: 237.gif]

And there's this:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20...eturn.html
Quote:Will you personally be overseeing the scripts?
Quote:There are no scripts yet! But yes, I will be overseeing them, but with several people who have been working on the show over the years.
I'd handicap this like this:

Wong & Morgan: 2/1
Gilligan: 3/1
John Shiban: 3/1
Frank Spotnitz: 3/1
Howard Gordan: 4/1
Darin Morgan: 5/1 - I don't get the impression from listening to him on the X-Files Files that he has the strongest relationship with all these people, plus he left the show pretty early on
David Duchovny: Off the Board - Get the feeling Carter checks in with Duchovny on his direction for the character at this point, he pretty much always did, except for the weirdness of Season 8.
NOLA, post: 175400, member: 22 Wrote:I'd handicap this like this:

Wong & Morgan: 2/1
Gilligan: 3/1
John Shiban: 3/1
Frank Spotnitz: 3/1
Howard Gordan: 4/1
Darin Morgan: 5/1 - I don't get the impression from listening to him on the X-Files Files that he has the strongest relationship with all these people, plus he left the show pretty early on
David Duchovny: Off the Board - Get the feeling Carter checks in with Duchovny on his direction for the character at this point, he pretty much always did, except for the weirdness of Season 8.

Seems reasonable. Should work with all of those guys.

Just please, guys, forget things like butt genies were ever a thing, ok? Shiban, whatever you were smoking for that one, just stahp.
ChiefsChick23, post: 175401, member: 17 Wrote:Seems reasonable. Should work with all of those guys.

Just please, guys, forget things like butt genies were ever a thing, ok? Shiban, whatever you were smoking for that one, just stahp.
There was a butt genie? Holy shit, I blocked that out. When did that happen?
NOLA, post: 175402, member: 22 Wrote:There was a butt genie? Holy shit, I blocked that out. When did that happen?

Season 8, Episode 10: Badlaa

It might actually be the worst episode in the history of the series. It makes "Space" look like, well, "Clyde Bruckman".
[Image: tumblr_nlqoub6pIa1u2p6qio1_540.png]

[Image: tumblr_inline_n9bxjgWny51sb080b.gif]