Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
THE X-FILES REBORN (formerly NOLA! NOOOOLLAAAA!)
NOLA, post: 175384, member: 22 Wrote:I bet Vince Gilligan comes back. At least as long as CC isn't too proud to ask him too. He's such aw-shucks, up-for-anything dude, I bet he'd do it. He's letting someone else run the writer's room at Better Call Saul anyway.

Darin Morgan said on his latest X-Files Files appearance that he'd go back if they asked, but that he didn't think it was going to happen. Well, Darin, here we are.

Darin Morgan only wrote, what, four eps? All of them classics? Gotta have Darin write one.
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
ChiefsChick23, post: 175385, member: 17 Wrote:Darin Morgan only wrote, what, four eps? All of them classics? Gotta have Darin write one.
Four episodes. Plus, he came back to play Eddie Van Blundht (the "h" is silent. It's like Dutch or something.). Yeah, his batting average on that show is incredible.
[Image: nolasig.gif]
Homer: [reading] "Project Arcturus couldn't have succeeded without you. This will get you a little closer to that dream of yours. It's not the Dallas Cowboys, but it's a start. Drop me a line if you're on the East Coast, Hank Scorpio." Aw, the Denver Broncos!
Marge: I think owning the Denver Broncos is pretty good.
Homer: Yeah, yeah.
Marge: Well, explain to me why it isn't.
Homer: [sighs] You just don't understand football, Marge.
NOLA, post: 175386, member: 22 Wrote:Four episodes. Plus, he came back to play Eddie Van Blundht (the "h" is silent. It's like Dutch or something.). Yeah, his batting average on that show is incredible.

And given that he doesn't like "War of the Coprophages"... sheesh.

I'd love another ep written by him, it'd be awesome.

And damn, I want Vince Gilligan to write one, too. Not sure if he'd have the time, but... whoa, nellie. What could he do with those characters now?
ChiefsChick23, post: 175387, member: 17 Wrote:And given that he doesn't like "War of the Coprophages"... sheesh.

I'd love another ep written by him, it'd be awesome.

And damn, I want Vince Gilligan to write one, too. Not sure if he'd have the time, but... whoa, nellie. What could he do with those characters now?
I think Carter would be fool not to at least try to bring Gilligan in as a producer. He was pretty much running the show day-to-day in the final two seasons, and was heavily involved as produce from about Season 6 on before that. Admittedly, those final years weren't great, but from interviews and such, I think some of the only bright spots were his contributions. I think he had a lot to do with the Doggett character, who, in retrospect kinda worked, but at the expense of a lot of goodwill. Also, he wrote "John Doe", which was the only good Season 9 episode I'm aware of (I think I still haven't seen all of them).
Homer: [reading] "Project Arcturus couldn't have succeeded without you. This will get you a little closer to that dream of yours. It's not the Dallas Cowboys, but it's a start. Drop me a line if you're on the East Coast, Hank Scorpio." Aw, the Denver Broncos!
NOLA, post: 175388, member: 22 Wrote:I think Carter would be fool not to at least try to bring Gilligan in as a producer. He was pretty much running the show day-to-day in the final two seasons, and was heavily involved as produce from about Season 6 on before that. Admittedly, those final years weren't great, but from interviews and such, I think some of the only bright spots were his contributions. I think he had a lot to do with the Doggett character, who, in retrospect kinda worked, but at the expense of a lot of goodwill. Also, he wrote "John Doe", which was the only good Season 9 episode I'm aware of (I think I still haven't seen all of them).

I think the biggest constraint is Gilligan's time, due to timing with "Better Call Saul" and other irons he has in the fire. But he'd the be logical one, yes.

I bet he'd like the opportunity to... fix some stuff.

On this rewatch project, I skipped eps I know I dislike - already mentioned two and I have "Chinga" coming up soon (well, not) - and I'll pay for that by rewatching all of seasons 8 and 9, not skipping a single one.
Holy shit, just looked up "John Doe" and forgot that Michelle MacLaren was directing X-Files episodes back then. Just a murderers row of talent came out of that place, but no one ever acknowledges it.
NOLA, post: 175390, member: 22 Wrote:Holy shit, just looked up "John Doe" and forgot that Michelle MacLaren was directing X-Files episodes back then. Just a murderers row of talent came out of that place, but no one ever acknowledges it.

I dunno, there were some articles out there around the 20th anniversary.
ChiefsChick23, post: 175389, member: 17 Wrote:I think the biggest constraint is Gilligan's time, due to timing with "Better Call Saul" and other irons he has in the fire. But he'd the be logical one, yes.

I bet he'd like the opportunity to... fix some stuff.

On this rewatch project, I skipped eps I know I dislike - already mentioned two and I have "Chinga" coming up soon (well, not) - and I'll pay for that by rewatching all of seasons 8 and 9, not skipping a single one.
I rewatched all of Season 8 last summer for some reason. I think it's the serialized nature of it. It's like a carwreck I couldn't stop watching when it first aired, nor again when it came around again on Netflix. Just the forced machination of they way they wrote Duchovny in and out of the show, combined with the way they tried to emasculate his character in every possible way as a... "fuck you" to Duchovny, I guess? I dunno. It's still awkward.
ChiefsChick23, post: 175391, member: 17 Wrote:I dunno, there were some articles out there around the 20th anniversary.
Were there? I didn't really follow it much.
NOLA, post: 175393, member: 22 Wrote:Were there? I didn't really follow it much.

Yeah. Google it, you'll find some. There's lots of odes out there as to why the X-Files changed TV as we know it.

I'm positively salivating for the Entertainment Weekly article(s) you know are coming.