Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
THE X-FILES REBORN (formerly NOLA! NOOOOLLAAAA!)
ChiefsChick23, post: 174539, member: 17 Wrote:That one and "Teso Dos Bichos" - I don't need to see Gillian Anderson suffer through an allergy to cats.
The Dan Harmon Jose Chung podcast is up. Pretty great.
NOLA, post: 174568, member: 22 Wrote:The Dan Harmon Jose Chung podcast is up. Pretty great.

I see that. Haven't gotten to it yet. Wink
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
X-Files revival reportedly close, and here's how many episodes we might get
Nathalie Caron
Monday, March 23, 2015 - 10:01am

[Image: X-Files-Mulder-Scully.jpg?itok=nR9tif1R]
The truth is out there, and may be coming to us sooner rather than later, as an official series revival of The X-Files looks imminent.

According to sources for UK site TVWise, Fox is coming closer than ever to giving the much-anticipated green light to a revival of the iconic sci-fi series, which ran from 1993 to 2002 and spawned two movies, as well as two short-lived series (Millenium and The Lone Gunmen). If the revival does go ahead, it will be a “short-stack” order, meaning it'll be less than 10 episodes (The Daily Mail claims it’ll be six, but take this with a grain of salt). The site stresses that discussions with Fox are still ongoing, but if The X-Files gets picked up, it'll be a bit like Fox's other hit TV franchise 24, which came back as a 12-episode limited-run series, 24: Live Another Day, just last year.

The X-Files revival series is meant to close some lingering storylines that were left behind when the series ended after nine seasons in 2002, and were also left unresolved -- aka the truth wasn't out there -- in the second X-Files flick, I Want to Believe. So why does Fox want to settle for a short season order? Well, the first reason is story requirements, and the second is scheduling.

Both Gillian Anderson (who is starring in The Fall) and David Duchovny (whose new NBC drama series Aquarius will air this summer) are busy bees, and they need to schedule a block of time when they will be available to film the new X-Files series. Both actors have long said they wanted to return to their iconic roles of FBI agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully, and sources reveal they have indeed agreed to come back. Looks like an offer has also gone out to Mitch Pileggi and some other key cast members. Just who will those key cast members be? It's unclear as of now, but it'll be fun to speculate if you guys want to go ahead and chime in in the comments below. TVWise also reports that Chris Carter will, of course, return at the helm and pen the new scripts, as well as executive-produce. If a deal can be reached soon, filming could start as early as this summer.

Apparently Fox may be looking to make a “big announcement” ahead of its upfront presentation in NYC in May. We don't know about you, but we've wanted some new X-Files for a while now, so can we all cross our fingers that it’ll finally happen? Yeah, we want to believe, but remember, trust no one.

http://www.blastr.com/2015-3-23/x-files-...-might-get
IT IS OFFICIAL.

http://nerdist.com/the-x-files-returning...es-on-fox/

Quote:Well well well well welly welly well. It seems like the collective unconscious has paid off again; after getting a bit of a resurgence recently thanks to things like Kumail Nanjiani‘s The X-Files Filespodcast and Gillian Anderson appearing on the Nerdist Podcast and creating the #XFiles2015 hashtag with Chris Hardwick, there was a real upsurge of interest again for Fox’s seminal ’90s sci-fi/horror/conspiracy program The X-Files. New fans have discovered the series on DVD and Netflix and the community around the show has just kept on after all these years.

All three key members of a possible return–creator Chris Carter and stars Anderson and David Duchovny–had spoken about it separately and keeping the fires of hope alive in the far-reaches of the galaxy, and today that hope has paid off.

Fox announced today that all three of the aforementioned important peoples are coming back for a limited, six-episode stint which will see Fox Mulder and Dana Scully investigate the paranormal once again. The series, as you probably know already, ran for nine seasons and had two feature films, one in between Seasons 5 and 6 and the other in 2008, well after the series ended. What we don’t know yet is what those six episodes will be about, because they haven’t even started filming them yet! Production is due to start this summer and no airdate has been set.

In a statement Carter said he thinks of it as “a 13-year commercial break” and “the good news is the world has only gotten that much stranger, a perfect time to tell these six stories.” Which is pretty darn true if you ask me.

Six episodes might seem paltry for the most rabid of fans out there, but it’s also going to tantalizingly leave us wanting more. I can only hope we get a good mixture of alien conspiracy and monster-of-the-week, which were the staple of the series and the episodes most people remember the fondest. Will former series writers like Darin Morgan and Vince Gilligan come back for an episode? Or for that matter, will Mitch Pileggi come back as Walter Skinner? These are the real mysteries, folks! We can only sit and play with our xenon flashlights, put on our designer FBI suits and wander around in the dark waiting until more news is released.

Are you excited for The X-Files to be back? You should be! Let’s share our giddiness in the comments below.

Joy to the world... All the boys and girls... Joy to the fishes in the deep blue sea... Joy to you and me...
And whaddya know, I'm almost through Season 4 on my rewatching project...

Six episodes means they can only give us all the good stuff, no filler. I'm stoked.
I think my only disappointment is that it's going to be on Fox. I know Fox Media is trying to transition it so that Fox studios only produces content for Fox network (and, conversely, that the network goes to Fox Studios for all its content), but Netflix would've given them so much more money for this. Have you seen the Daredevil trailers? They're spending millions per episode on that thing, and there's not even any special effects involved.

Anyway, yeah, I want to believe. Again. Though, the missteps made since Mulder stepped into the light with Teresa Hosey and the others at the end of season seven have been almost too much to take. They've basically gotta retcon these two back into the FBI, and that's after somehow magically disappearing the pending murder charges against Mulder in the last movie.
NOLA, post: 175379, member: 22 Wrote:I think my only disappointment is that it's going to be on Fox. I know Fox Media is trying to transition it so that Fox studios only produces content for Fox network (and, conversely, that the network goes to Fox Studios for all its content), but Netflix would've given them so much more money for this. Have you seen the Daredevil trailers? They're spending millions per episode on that thing, and there's not even any special effects involved.

Anyway, yeah, I want to believe. Again. Though, the missteps made since Mulder stepped into the light with Teresa Hosey and the others at the end of season seven have been almost too much to take. They've basically gotta retcon these two back into the FBI, and that's after somehow magically disappearing the pending murder charges against Mulder in the last movie.

The 24 revival didn't lack from money, and I dunno, it's better if they don't have a huge budget. Forces them to be better writers.

They have to address why 2012 didn't end in disaster, IMO. Maybe something to do with William? Or maybe we can pretend the last two seasons didn't happen at all (or make them not happen - that way both Spenders are alive and there IS no William)...

Holy shit, that'd keep Krycek breathing...

And the more I think of it, the better I like it - maybe something got changed - that's how the disaster in 2012 gets "averted" somehow, and now they are on a new timeline where they never left the FBI...?

It's a cheat, but... it REALLY works for me.
ChiefsChick23, post: 175381, member: 17 Wrote:The 24 revival didn't lack from money, and I dunno, it's better if they don't have a huge budget. Forces them to be better writers.

They have to address why 2012 didn't end in disaster, IMO. Maybe something to do with William? Or maybe we can pretend the last two seasons didn't happen at all (or make them not happen - that way both Spenders are alive and there IS no William)...

And the more I think of it, the better I like it - maybe something got changed, and now they are on a new timeline where they never left the FBI...?

It's a cheat, but... it REALLY works for me.
The easy fix for the 2012 thing is simple: set the show in 2012. Boom. I'll take my EP credit now, Cris Carter.

Carter seems weirdly anal retentive about this stuff. He's probably a trekkie (Note: I'm a trekkie, too.). I think he'll probably try to write in some awkward exposition and that'll be that (In X-Files: I Want to Believe, Mulder refers to his murder trial as "bogus charges" :pity: ). Maybe Skinman can be the one who brings them in.
NOLA, post: 175382, member: 22 Wrote:The easy fix for the 2012 thing is simple: set the show in 2012. Boom. I'll take my EP credit now, Cris Carter.

Carter seems weirdly anal retentive about this stuff. He's probably a trekkie (Note: I'm a trekkie, too.). I think he'll probably try to write in some awkward exposition and that'll be that (In X-Files: I Want to Believe, Mulder refers to his murder trial as "bogus charges" :pity: ). Maybe Skinman can be the one who brings them in.

He needs to just hire the Morgan bros, Mr. Gilligan, Mr. Wong and Mr. Spotnitz to do all the writing, and step back and let 'em write.
ChiefsChick23, post: 175383, member: 17 Wrote:He needs to just hire the Morgan bros, Mr. Gilligan, Mr. Wong and Mr. Spotnitz to do all the writing, and step back and let 'em write.
I bet Vince Gilligan comes back. At least as long as CC isn't too proud to ask him too. He's such aw-shucks, up-for-anything dude, I bet he'd do it. He's letting someone else run the writer's room at Better Call Saul anyway.

Darin Morgan said on his latest X-Files Files appearance that he'd go back if they asked, but that he didn't think it was going to happen. Well, Darin, here we are.