Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Comic Book TV Shows and Movies - All The Things!
(3 hours ago)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:
(4 hours ago)NOLA Wrote: Barry Allen is monumentally stupid.

For chrissakes, he's a forensic scientist in a crime lab.  Jesus.

I admit I am sorta regretting catching up on this show now.

Are you caught up?  This season is at least better than last.  I like Ralph Dibny as an addition, at least.  And I think Harry Wells is a vastly better Tom Cavanaugh character than HR, but still not as good as Eobard Thawne; but we've also gotten to see Cavanaugh as Thawne a couple of times this year, so all is good there, too.
Anyone else checking out the New Black Lightning.  I really liked the premier.  This could get interesting.  Black Panther is not to far away
[Image: HG.gif]
I think one of the big issues with flash is that they dont let things breathe sometimes. The trial of the flash should be more than one episode. Flash point should have been an arc. Not one episode. 

Hell they should have start this season without flash for a few eps. Let's see what it would be like without him.
[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates
https://www.facebook.com/nathan.ryan.pierson
(1 hour ago)Chi-town_Chief Wrote: I think one of the big issues with flash is that they dont let things breathe sometimes. The trial of the flash should be more than one episode. Flash point should have been an arc. Not one episode. 

Hell they should have start this season without flash for a few eps. Let's see what it would be like without him.

Also, let's see what it's like for HIM in the Speed Force.  Treat it like Agents of SHIELD did in Season 3 without Jemma, and then did the ep about just what Jemma had been up to.  Or that same show this year with Fitz (several eps without, then one about his story).  Hell, Lost pretty much invented that trick.

But yeah, Flashpoint should've been an arc (I think the trouble there was it would have rippled too much through the other shows, but I would've been fine with the other shows just ignoring it), and the trial definitely should have been.  These are all storylines from the comics, but the show seems intent on truncating a lot shorter than they we originally written.
(1 hour ago)HG Wrote: Anyone else checking out the New Black Lightning.  I really liked the premier.  This could get interesting.  Black Panther is not to far away

I watched it, but was distracted, so I don't think I completely understood.  He's a retired superhero?

Very psyched for Black Panther.
(2 hours ago)NOLA Wrote:

Are you caught up?  This season is at least better than last.  I like Ralph Dibny as an addition, at least.  And I think Harry Wells is a vastly better Tom Cavanaugh character than HR, but still not as good as Eobard Thawne; but we've also gotten to see Cavanaugh as Thawne a couple of times this year, so all is good there, too.

Yes.

I regret it less than I do steeling myself to get caught up with "Arrow" (felt like I had to with all the crossovers).

Yes, Dibney is good but they aren't using him well enough just yet.
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
(1 hour ago)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:
(2 hours ago)NOLA Wrote:

Yes.

I regret it less than I do steeling myself to get caught up with "Arrow" (felt like I had to with all the crossovers).

Hoping that changes tonight.  As Chi-Town pointed out, we SHOULD have gotten to see Team Flash without Barry as a couple of episodes to start this season, but it looks like leaving him in prison for a bit might have the same effect.
(1 hour ago)NOLA Wrote:
(1 hour ago)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:
(2 hours ago)NOLA Wrote:

Yes.

Hoping that changes tonight.  As Chi-Town pointed out, we SHOULD have gotten to see Team Flash without Barry as a couple of episodes to start this season, but it looks like leaving him in prison for a bit might have the same effect.

He will be out halfway through the ep.
[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates
https://www.facebook.com/nathan.ryan.pierson