Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Comic Book TV Shows and Movies - All The Things!

(06-14-2019, 11:23 AM)HG Wrote:  Dark Phoenix  meh,  Godzilla.  Awesome

Yeah... I'ma not see Dark Phoenix.  Apocalypse was so terrible as to pretty much end my interest in that series.

Glad Godzilla was cool, tho.

I liked John Wick 3 and would totally recommend that.

Brightburn was a good idea poorly executed.

No real way to discuss Spider-Man without spoiling, but it was awesome, and you definitely have to stick around for both post-credits scenes.

(07-02-2019, 05:07 PM)NOLA Wrote:  No real way to discuss Spider-Man without spoiling, but it was awesome, and you definitely have to stick around for both post-credits scenes.

I mean... I'm pretty fed up with comic movies and this spider-man is Peter Parker in name only.  I get it.  We're all tired of the same origin story, but I'd almost prefer they just made him Miles.  

I mean the only things that are maintained are superficial things like names.

(07-10-2019, 06:14 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  
(07-02-2019, 05:07 PM)NOLA Wrote:  No real way to discuss Spider-Man without spoiling, but it was awesome, and you definitely have to stick around for both post-credits scenes.

I mean... I'm pretty fed up with comic movies and this spider-man is Peter Parker in name only.  I get it.  We're all tired of the same origin story, but I'd almost prefer they just made him Miles.  

I mean the only things that are maintained are superficial things like names.

I felt like there was a lot of Peter Parker in this movie.  Miles never had the shitty luck Peter does.

The real reason I liked this movie was Mysterio, though.  I think that's the purest adaptation of Spidey villain page-to-screen yet.  I never bought Mysterio's powers in the comics, but loved the visuals.  This bridged the gap, but kept the insane Mysterio illusions.  I was a fan.