Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Comic Book TV Shows and Movies - All The Things!
(01-15-2019, 04:48 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:
(01-15-2019, 04:41 PM)HG Wrote: Well shit!!!!! You mean he survived.  And Nick Fury survived.  Damn.  Avenger End game is totally spoiled now for me

Someone posted online a close up of his passport and it says it is issued before the snap. I don't know if that was legit or not. But what I saw .

There's no year on it at all.

[Image: itzf4ckcztbe5ilomk7f.png]
Ah. Then I saw a fake.
[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates
Season 2 of the Punisher, in my humble opinion, is the best thing Marvel did on Netflix.

Never felt padded.  Scenes mattered.  Satisfying conclusion.  Gave me punisher action and even hit me with some sucker punches in the feels.  About a million times better than the first season, of which I was not a fan.  Too bad it will probably be the last.  

I really don't give a flying piss what anyone else thinks about it.  Big Grin  I don't want it to end... but if it does (and it probably will)... it would be a good end.  I was hesitant to start watching it but couldn't stop after I did.
(01-26-2019, 11:54 PM)The_Jonas Wrote: Season 2 of the Punisher, in my humble opinion, is the best thing Marvel did on Netflix.

Never felt padded.  Scenes mattered.  Satisfying conclusion.  Gave me punisher action and even hit me with some sucker punches in the feels.  About a million times better than the first season, of which I was not a fan.  Too bad it will probably be the last.  

I really don't give a flying piss what anyone else thinks about it.  Big Grin  I don't want it to end... but if it does (and it probably will)... it would be a good end.  I was hesitant to start watching it but couldn't stop after I did.

Do I have to go back and finish the first season, or can I just start watching?
(01-27-2019, 11:04 AM)NOLA Wrote:
(01-26-2019, 11:54 PM)The_Jonas Wrote: Season 2 of the Punisher, in my humble opinion, is the best thing Marvel did on Netflix.

Do I have to go back and finish the first season, or can I just start watching?

I can spoil the important stuff, but the short answer is no.  All you need to know is Frank really fucked up Billy Russo at the end, and there's some consequences to that.  IF you didn't get this far, Billy was responsible for Frank's family and so he smashes his face into a mirror about 100 times at the carousel where it happened.  Aside from messing up his face (which was VERY understated from what you'd expect from Jigsaw) he gave him some pretty serious brain trauma.  There's basically an A and a B storyline.   Neither really takes narrative priority.  One is about Jigsaw that carries over and the other stands alone for this season and that's the good one. 

Unlike season 1, it's tightly written and I was never bored through 13 episodes.  A pleasant surprise for me, as I went in with very low expectations and viewed only out of curiosity.  It's got some political subtext but I never fee like I'm being battered over the head with overt propaganda (I hated season 1's portrayal of vets) It's right there with Season 1 of Daredevil and every bit as fun as the Punisher character from season 2 of DD.

Highly recommended if you like the Punisher character or just want to see Jon Bernthal continue to be awesome in the role while being involved in a story and setting that doesn't put you to sleep.  This is what I'd hoped season 1 would have been.  They manage to develop and humanize Frank without taking away his edge.  IN the end he's still a guy who's happiest when he's covered in the blood of his enemies.
Gotta agree with Jonas on this one. Spot on
[Image: HG.gif]
So I'm not very optimistic about Captain Marvel being a huge hit.  Marvel has tried to make her the flagship character in the comics since they sold the X-men to fox and Spiderman to Sony.  She's had 8 books canceled and has been a huge flop, but they push her as a top tier character anyway to the detriment of sales.  

I'm thinking... what happens if they do that in this movie?  I mean aside from Larson's perpetual resting bitch face and awful personality harming the PR, I just don't see a lot of hype from the fans.  Just media hype telling us how hyped the fans are.  I don't see much discussion in HERE about it.

If this movie fails or the character is not well recieved, it's going to do immense damage to Avengers 4.  Not sales wise, that money is basically already in the bank. I mean in regards to how it will be recieved after she 1 punches thanos, saves everyone, and undermines every other established character.  Something I, for some reason, expect to happen.  How will follow up movies be recieved?
(02-17-2019, 09:15 AM)The_Jonas Wrote: So I'm not very optimistic about Captain Marvel being a huge hit.  Marvel has tried to make her the flagship character in the comics since they sold the X-men to fox and Spiderman to Sony.  She's had 8 books canceled and has been a huge flop, but they push her as a top tier character anyway to the detriment of sales.  

I'm thinking... what happens if they do that in this movie?  I mean aside from Larson's perpetual resting bitch face and awful personality harming the PR, I just don't see a lot of hype from the fans.  Just media hype telling us how hyped the fans are.  I don't see much discussion in HERE about it.

If this movie fails or the character is not well recieved, it's going to do immense damage to Avengers 4.  Not sales wise, that money is basically already in the bank. I mean in regards to how it will be recieved after she 1 punches thanos, saves everyone, and undermines every other established character.  Something I, for some reason, expect to happen.  How will follow up movies be recieved?

You don't like Brie Larson?  I think she's great.
(02-17-2019, 12:13 PM)NOLA Wrote:
(02-17-2019, 09:15 AM)The_Jonas Wrote: So I'm not very optimistic about Captain Marvel being a huge hit.  Marvel has tried to make her the flagship character in the comics since they sold the X-men to fox and Spiderman to Sony.  She's had 8 books canceled and has been a huge flop, but they push her as a top tier character anyway to the detriment of sales.  

You don't like Brie Larson?  I think she's great.

As an actress she's fine.  

I find her inauthentic both on and off screen.  My main point was about the promotional campaign that's probably doing more harm than good.
As of right now it seems to be tracking towards $100m opening weekend. I think it will come down to one thing. Is it any good. Which it looks like it will be. If the reviews start coming in and praising it. It will do well. I mean when is the last flop marvel had?
[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates