Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Comic Book TV Shows and Movies - All The Things!
(12-18-2017, 08:16 PM)NOLA Wrote: I can't stress enough how great Agents of SHIELD has been for like a year now.  It's worth going back to if you gave up, starting with the beginning of season 4.

My buddy told me the same thing. I stopped halfway through season 3. Not that it was bad but I just never picked it back up after the winter break.
[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates
https://www.facebook.com/nathan.ryan.pierson
(12-18-2017, 09:25 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:
(12-18-2017, 08:16 PM)NOLA Wrote: I can't stress enough how great Agents of SHIELD has been for like a year now.  It's worth going back to if you gave up, starting with the beginning of season 4.

My buddy told me the same thing. I stopped halfway through season 3. Not that it was bad but I just never picked it back up after the winter break.

Skip the end of season 3 and startup with season 4 and the Ghost Rider storyline.  I actually liked the end of season 3, but if you're not particularly invested in Ward/Hydra, it's not worth it.
So I stopped watching Punisher.  Not on purpose or anything, I just realized it's been like a month since I last watched an episode.  Just completely forgot/stopped caring.  I think I got through 5 or 6 episodes?  Can anyone spoil the rest of it for me so I can decide if it's worth finishing?  Is it just an entire season of his marine buddy slowly becoming Jigsaw, but like, he actually doesn't become Jigsaw because nothing ever happens on these shows?  It's a shame, too, because Bernthal is absolutely great as the character, but the show is just so dull.

I think I'm about done with the Netflix Marvel shows.  I'm in for Jessica Jones season 2, and I'll give Luke Cage another shot because the first half of that first season was awesome, but on the whole Marvel Netflix has sucked for like a year now.
Finish it.  Last episode is worth it.
[Image: HG.gif]
(12-20-2017, 12:08 PM)NOLA Wrote: So I stopped watching Punisher.  Not on purpose or anything, I just realized it's been like a month since I last watched an episode.  Just completely forgot/stopped caring.  I think I got through 5 or 6 episodes?  Can anyone spoil the rest of it for me so I can decide if it's worth finishing?  Is it just an entire season of his marine buddy slowly becoming Jigsaw, but like, he actually doesn't become Jigsaw because nothing ever happens on these shows?  It's a shame, too, because Bernthal is absolutely great as the character, but the show is just so dull.

I think I'm about done with the Netflix Marvel shows.  I'm in for Jessica Jones season 2, and I'll give Luke Cage another shot because the first half of that first season was awesome, but on the whole Marvel Netflix has sucked for like a year now.

Frank turns him into Jigsaw at the end by smashing his face into a mirror over and over at the big climactic showdown. 

The show is a meandering mess.  There's eventually some really good action at the end, but it's dull as fuck.

There are at least three storylines eating up screen time for no reason.  They have no real payoff, and not real value.  All that shit with the crazy vet?  Yanno, the one at the meetings that eats up 10-20 minutes of every fucking episode?

He commits a terrorist act, but all that build up is pointless.  It could have just been *some* terrorist and the plot is not changed in any way.  It doesn't result in character growth.  It's just FILLER.  Worse yet, it's meaningless story filler that seems to only have the operative purpose of making war vets look like unhinged assholes.  Something this show does far too much of.  

That's what it is.  Filler.  I'm punished by filler.  Meaningless scene after meaningless scene.  It's an 8 episode series (which probably would have been good!) that lasted 13 episodes.  

There's some good action, and Bernthal is by far the best portrayal of Frank Castle, but I thought it sucked.

Frank's character isn't really harmed by what transpires though.  The whole arc had potential, but the poor writing doomed it.  Turtle pacing and too much filler.  Unlike Daredevil in season 2, where Murdock just comes across like the biggest douche in the universe.

Heh.  That was funny
[Image: HG.gif]
Barry Allen is monumentally stupid.

For chrissakes, he's a forensic scientist in a crime lab.  Jesus.
(01-23-2018, 12:01 PM)NOLA Wrote: Barry Allen is monumentally stupid.

For chrissakes, he's a forensic scientist in a crime lab.  Jesus.

I admit I am sorta regretting catching up on this show now.
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]