Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Comic Book TV Shows and Movies - All The Things!
This came out a while ago, but I don't think we ever talked about it.  I would love to have seen this made-up John Cusack, Bruce Willis Batman v Superman movie even more than I wish we had gotten the real Tim Burton & Nic Cage Superman Lives movie.

[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates
https://www.facebook.com/nathan.ryan.pierson
THat looks amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Looking forward to it.  

(NoteSmile  I do have my Thor tickets already.  Groovy
[Image: HG.gif]
Well, on the one hand, the Defenders was fucking terrible, but on the other, the past season of Agents of SHIELD is the best thing Marvel TV has done yet.  This could really go either way.

Is anybody watching "The Orville"? It is actually good, solid sci fi in the "Star Trek" mold. I have been pleasantly surprised.
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
(10-27-2017, 04:51 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote: Is anybody watching "The Orville"? It is actually good, solid sci fi in the "Star Trek" mold. I have been pleasantly surprised.

I actually heard bad things but haven't had a chance to watch myself.
[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates
https://www.facebook.com/nathan.ryan.pierson
(10-27-2017, 04:51 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote: Is anybody watching "The Orville"? It is actually good, solid sci fi in the "Star Trek" mold. I have been pleasantly surprised.

It is... okay.  It is trying to fill the void left by ST:TNG, so I watch it.  This is the same pass I gave Voyager.  And it is certainly better than Discovery, which I quit even trying to watch because fuck CBS.
Four Mark Hamills for the price of one?  Sure!

(10-28-2017, 11:16 AM)NOLA Wrote:

It is... okay.  It is trying to fill the void left by ST:TNG, so I watch it.  This is the same pass I gave Voyager.  And it is certainly better than Discovery, which I quit even trying to watch because fuck CBS.

I dunno, man, it's solid sci fi situations, and hey, the moral choices the characters are having to make are rarely black and white.  It's like McFarlane is trying to be... get this... fair to different points of view, and why people might do things differently or believe differently.  I don't think he's always successful but it like they are *trying*, which is refreshing.

The characters are meh at this moment and honestly, I wish McFarlane wasn't in it personally, because I don't think he's very charismatic on screen.  The storylines and situations are some of the better old-school adventure sci fi around and it's very promising.
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
Orville is okay altho I do miss Mocking Birds outfit.  
Super girl is really starting to Suck.  
Gothem was pushing bruce too hard glad to hear they are pulling the costume bit back
Arrow just got really interesting
The Flash is the Flash.  (I cant figure out who the major bad guy is)
Inhumans is horrid
November 17thy is going to be quite the day with both Justice League and the Punisher 
Black Panther looks amazing. I really hope they dont OVERDO it 

and yes.

Ive have my November 2nd Thursday evening Thor tickets for a month  Its gonna be Hela good!  (Which is the only No Doubt song I like)

Thats all for now kiddies, gotta get my costume on and head out to Arrowhead.
[Image: HG.gif]