Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who screwed up Skittles? Sour apple in the five flavors?
Seriously, what the fuck? I just bought a bag of Skittles, and the green is now Sour Apple, and not lime. It doesn't jive with the other flavors at all. Just gross. How they gonna screw up Skittles?
[Image: nolasig.gif]
Homer: [reading] "Project Arcturus couldn't have succeeded without you. This will get you a little closer to that dream of yours. It's not the Dallas Cowboys, but it's a start. Drop me a line if you're on the East Coast, Hank Scorpio." Aw, the Denver Broncos!
Marge: I think owning the Denver Broncos is pretty good.
Homer: Yeah, yeah.
Marge: Well, explain to me why it isn't.
Homer: [sighs] You just don't understand football, Marge.
You were making Skittlebrau weren't you?
The_Jonas, post: 161217, member: 33 Wrote:You were making Skittlebrau weren't you?
Nah. My metabolism still runs like a jet engine. My Pop's didn't slow down until he was in his late 40s. I still get massive sugar cravings just to keep energy up. I like sugary candies more than chocolate.
Homer: [reading] "Project Arcturus couldn't have succeeded without you. This will get you a little closer to that dream of yours. It's not the Dallas Cowboys, but it's a start. Drop me a line if you're on the East Coast, Hank Scorpio." Aw, the Denver Broncos!
NOLA, post: 161218, member: 22 Wrote:Nah. My metabolism still runs like a jet engine. My Pop's didn't slow down until he was in his late 40s. I still get massive sugar cravings just to keep energy up. I like sugary candies more than chocolate.

You DID catch the reference right?

"Hey Apu, I'd like some of that beer with candy floating in it. What's it called? Skittlebrau?"

"Mr. Simpson, no such beer exists. I believe you must have dreamed it."

"Oh.. just give me a six pack and a bag of skittles."

Interestingly enough my metabolism slowed down (a bit) when I cut most of the sugar out of my diet. No more soda or candy and boom... I GAINED 20 pounds. I'm pretty sure that's not how it's supposed to work. :jester:
The_Jonas, post: 161224, member: 33 Wrote:You DID catch the reference right?

"Hey Apu, I'd like some of that beer with candy floating in it. What's it called? Skittlebrau?"

"Mr. Simpson, no such beer exists. I believe you must have dreamed it."

"Oh.. just give me a six pack and a bag of skittles."

Interestingly enough my metabolism slowed down (a bit) when I cut most of the sugar out of my diet. No more soda or candy and boom... I GAINED 20 pounds. I'm pretty sure that's not how it's supposed to work. :jester:
I did get the reference. :jester:

I was also just crashing at the time so my sense of humor was sort of out to lunch until I got my blood sugar back up. Seriously? Sour apple? How is that supposed to be good with the other flavors. I am annoyed.
sour apple skittles are great, but I pick them all out and eat them separate.
[Image: chiefs_jamaal_charles_sig_by_twisted_rea...34kkke.png]
tyecopeland, post: 161243, member: 881 Wrote:sour apple skittles are great, but I pick them all out and eat them separate.
You have to pick them out. They taste funky with the classic flavors. Bring back lime!
NOLA, post: 161244, member: 22 Wrote:You have to pick them out. They taste funky with the classic flavors. Bring back lime!

They will. Calm down, they do this about once a year.
So.... I was wrong but also right. Lime is back. For a limited time in special bags.

http://www.foodandwine.com/news/lime-ski...mited-time
(06-30-2017, 10:26 PM)tyecopeland Wrote: So.... I was wrong but also right. Lime is back. For a limited time in special bags.

http://www.foodandwine.com/news/lime-ski...mited-time

So this is good news....