Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who screwed up Skittles? Sour apple in the five flavors?
(11-01-2017, 04:29 PM)ChiefsRule Wrote:
(11-01-2017, 04:22 PM)NOLA Wrote: Rather than start a new thread for this, let me just drop this here.

As an addendum to the Skittle question... who fucked up five flavor Life Savers?  I just bought a roll those today for the first time in years, and lime AND lemon are both nowhere to be found, replaced by a purple one that I think it raspberry, and a fucking watermelon flavored Life Saver?  Who is responsible for this madness?

Purple one tastes like cough medicine. Watermelon is boring, but not terrible. Who thought that was a good idea?

I think the watermelon is flat out disgusted.  I remember that one sucked when they were still packaging it with the rest of the "tropical" life savers, which is where I think the purple one came from too.  The lemon and lime ones were awesome!  Orange is week link in the life saver roll (well, until watermelon and purple, anyway).  I think he orchestrated this.
(11-01-2017, 04:31 PM)NOLA Wrote:
(11-01-2017, 04:22 PM)NOLA Wrote: Rather than start a new thread for this, let me just drop this here.

As an addendum to the Skittle question... who fucked up five flavor Life Savers?  I just bought a roll those today for the first time in years, and lime AND lemon are both nowhere to be found, replaced by a purple one that I think it raspberry, and a fucking watermelon flavored Life Saver?  Who is responsible for this madness?

Purple one tastes like cough medicine. Watermelon is boring, but not terrible. Who thought that was a good idea?

I think the watermelon is flat out disgusted.  I remember that one sucked when they were still packaging it with the rest of the "tropical" life savers, which is where I think the purple one came from too.  The lemon and lime ones were awesome!  Orange is week link in the life saver roll (well, until watermelon and purple, anyway).  I think he orchestrated this.

Never had the tropical pack so cant speak to that, however, I'll take your word for it. I don't see why the change was needed. Was there some mass internet petition on Reddit or something? Worst case scenario, we can blame the Millenials and avocado toast for this.
[Image: Rick%26MortyS02_Header_REF.png]
(11-01-2017, 04:34 PM)ChiefsRule Wrote:

Never had the tropical pack so cant speak to that, however, I'll take your word for it. I don't see why the change was needed. Was there some mass internet petition on Reddit or something? Worst case scenario, we can blame the Millenials and avocado toast for this.

After doing two minutes of research, it looks like they were arbitrarily changed a few years after Life Saver was purchase by Kraft.

http://www.wrigley.com/global/brands/life-savers.aspx

They've since been bought by Wrigley.

I remember the tropical rolls from the vending machine at the local pool when I was a kid.  I had to buy those when they ran out of the regular five flavors roll.  That was always a rough Friday.
(11-01-2017, 04:38 PM)NOLA Wrote:

After doing two minutes of research, it looks like they were arbitrarily changed a few years after Life Saver was purchase by Kraft.

I remember the tropical rolls from the vending machine at the local pool when I was a kid.  I had to buy those when they ran out of the regular five flavors roll.  That was always a rough Friday.

You think we're just getting old and dislike change? I wonder if kids think the "new" flavors are awesome.
(11-01-2017, 04:48 PM)ChiefsRule Wrote:
(11-01-2017, 04:29 PM)ChiefsRule Wrote: Purple one tastes like cough medicine. Watermelon is boring, but not terrible. Who thought that was a good idea?

You think we're just getting old and dislike change? I wonder if kids think the "new" flavors are awesome.

Do kids eat Life Savers at all?  I thought they were exclusively old people candy now.

I'm sure I'm getting old a dislike change, by the way.  But that's not the point.  The point is they messed up my candy break.  The bastards.
(11-01-2017, 04:50 PM)NOLA Wrote:
(11-01-2017, 04:48 PM)ChiefsRule Wrote:
(11-01-2017, 04:31 PM)NOLA Wrote: I think the watermelon is flat out disgusted.  I remember that one sucked when they were still packaging it with the rest of the "tropical" life savers, which is where I think the purple one came from too.  The lemon and lime ones were awesome!  Orange is week link in the life saver roll (well, until watermelon and purple, anyway).  I think he orchestrated this.

Do kids eat Life Savers at all?  I thought they were exclusively old people candy now.

I'm sure I'm getting old a dislike change, by the way.  But that's not the point.  The point is they messed up my candy break.  The bastards.

No Idea, I'm almost 40 and the only kids in my life are my nieces and nephews who are 1k miles away. It's not like LS are Werther's Original, I'd think it would still be a relevant hard candy. 

I feel for you, bud. Those quick reprieves from adulting are all I look forward to during the work week. Though I usually go for a pint or whiskey before heading back to the office. If someone @ JJ&S replaced my Jameson with Jager flavor, I'd be pretty pissed.
Wow, I didn't even know they made real life savers anymore.  All I see are the mints and the gummy stuff.
[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!
(11-02-2017, 01:40 PM)mabbott Wrote: Wow, I didn't even know they made real life savers anymore.  All I see are the mints and the gummy stuff.

I'll admit that I was surprised to see a roll of life savers.  I ate the whole thing in one gross, middle-aged guy sitting, and at one point I misread part of the wrapper and thought the expiration date was February 2012.  I was fine with that.
(11-02-2017, 01:50 PM)NOLA Wrote:
(11-02-2017, 01:40 PM)mabbott Wrote: Wow, I didn't even know they made real life savers anymore.  All I see are the mints and the gummy stuff.

I'll admit that I was surprised to see a roll of life savers.  I ate the whole thing in one gross, middle-aged guy sitting, and at one point I misread part of the wrapper and thought the expiration date was February 2012.  I was fine with that.

If it had been 2012 it would have had lemon and lime and you wouldn't have posted about it here.
(11-02-2017, 02:17 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:
(11-02-2017, 01:50 PM)NOLA Wrote:

If it had been 2012 it would have had lemon and lime and you wouldn't have posted about it here.

Wrong.  They made that change in 2003, which you would know if you read the whole thread, or bothered to check the detailed historical timeline I linked.  I discussed this at length with ChiefsRule yesterday.