Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who screwed up Skittles? Sour apple in the five flavors?
(11-02-2013, 11:41 PM)NOLA Wrote:
The_Jonas, post: 161217, member: 33 Wrote:You were making Skittlebrau weren't you?
Nah.  My metabolism still runs like a jet engine.  My Pop's didn't slow down until he was in his late 40s.  I still get massive sugar cravings just to keep energy up.  I like sugary candies more than chocolate.

...but this is now hilariously untrue.  Jesus.  I've gained like 30 pounds since I wrote this.  I bought a suit last year that I had to go on a diet for two months this spring to get back into.  Fuck old age in its ear, man.
Yeah. My metabolism isn't nearly what it was either. I'm doing the same workout routine as I did about 4 years ago with about the same intensity and diet, yet I'm getting maybe about a third of the results.

I mean I feel and already look a touch better than I did, but I've barely lost any weight when it just flew off the first time. Age is just plain a losing proposition.
(07-01-2017, 09:22 PM)asskickingboots Wrote: Yeah. My metabolism isn't nearly what it was either. I'm doing the same workout routine as I did about 4 years ago with about the same intensity and diet, yet I'm getting maybe about a third of the results.

I mean I feel and already look a touch better than I did, but I've barely lost any weight when it just flew off the first time. Age is just plain a losing proposition.

Do you still drink beer?  Because I'm pretty positive I'd lose another 10-15 pounds immediately if I just quit drinking beer altogether.
(07-02-2017, 10:27 AM)NOLA Wrote:
(07-01-2017, 09:22 PM)asskickingboots Wrote: Yeah. My metabolism isn't nearly what it was either. I'm doing the same workout routine as I did about 4 years ago with about the same intensity and diet, yet I'm getting maybe about a third of the results.

Do you still drink beer?  Because I'm pretty positive I'd lose another 10-15 pounds immediately if I just quit drinking beer altogether.

Sometimes. I'm a 2-3 beer a week type of guy even when I'm not on a diet. I love the stuff, but I don't need it to function day to day. Not much on soda either, unless I'm at a BBQ or something, and I can easily replace that with unsweet tea.

I've had 3 Michelob Ultras since I started trying to watch that stuff about 3 weeks ago... oh, except I guess I did have a Summer Shandy on tap when I went to the Royals game Saturday, cost the same as my ticket, but that doesn't count because it was a cheat day. Big Grin

Short answer, I could probably still tighten the spigot a bit on beer and soda.
It took three months and I got to within 7 pounds of my goal of 225 Lbs.  Then I fucked up and jumped back to 245-250 in like a week
[Image: HG.gif]
(07-06-2017, 12:08 PM)HG Wrote: It took three months and I got to within 7 pounds of my goal of 225 Lbs.  Then I fucked up and jumped back to 245-250 in like a week

That's... not inspirational.

[Image: ambitiondemotivator_large.jpeg?v=1416776120]
On the bright side I realized I was getting too much protein. I knocked out the post workout protein shakes and I've lost about 4 lbs in just a couple days already. I want to get jacked eventually, but I need to get rid of this gut first. Then I could get back on the whey protein.
In other words his boyfriend broke up with him.

Just kidding.  lol
[Image: HG.gif]