Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do we have to draft a QB?
Yes, yes, QBOTF and all that jazz. Gotcha, noted. Given this year's draft class is relatively weak on QB, maybe we need to consider that option too. I've pretty much boycotted much football this year for a variety of reasons so I'm not up on who might be available or worth going after.
[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]
We should have listened to HG and traded the farm for RGIII.

I still can't believe he was on that bandwagon, but he totally was.
I think we have to draft a QB this year. With trades there will be some flexibility, but we won't know how it might all pan out until the draft gets closer. Who's going to be our starting QB next year if we don't draft at least one QB? What free agent QB's are we going to be remotely satisfied with?
[Image: BRCM-sig-DT.jpg]
Signature by Greatnessinc
BigRedChiefsMachine, post: 142061 Wrote:What free agent QB's are we going to be remotely satisfied with?

I like Vick, this year has been bad for him but I believe it is mostly due to his line and less to do with his regression.
from Footballsfuture.com:

Top Quarterbacks

Joe Flacco (BAL) - Into the final year of his rookie contract, the Ravens still don't know what type of quarterback they have under center. They do know that no quarterback in history has won more games in their first four seasons than Joe Flacco, which is encouraging. At the very least, if the sides are too far apart-which seems unlikely based on talks in early August-the Ravens will use their franchise tag to retain him for another year for about $15 million.

Jason Campbell (CHI) - As a starter for Oakland in 2010, Campbell was becoming a fairly efficient quarterback. Similar to Alex Smith whose career has seen a revival of sorts, Campbell could benefit from strong coaching and continuity. In Chicago, he's as strong a back-up as the league has to offer and at his age, it's unlikely that many teams will offer him more than that.

Tarvaris Jackson (BUF) - After having been beat out by a 10 million dollar man (Matt Flynn) and a 3rd round pick (Russell Wilson), Jackson was traded to the Bills. As a starting quarterback a year ago, Jackson began to show some progress as a quarterback. After chances in Minnesota and Seattle, it's unreasonable to believe he'll ever go into camp as a starter for a playoff contender. With mobility and enough playmaking ability, he is a strong back-upÑhis current role in Buffalo.

Matt Moore (MIA) - It didn't take long for Ryan Tannehill to beat out Moore as the Dolphins' starter. As a leftover from the previous regime, it seems unlikely that he'll remain in Miami through the next offseason. Matt Moore is a fairly reliable game manager with the capability of making just enough plays to scrape out a win or two here and there. After Jason Campbell, Moore may be a top option for teams looking for #2's on their roster.

Drew Stanton (IND) - In limited playing time, Stanton displayed leadership and enough playmaking skills to warrant serious looks as a back-up. With mobility and the arm talent to make NFL-level throws, he can lead an offense to points. There is definite interest in Stanton around the league after initially signing with the Jets and being traded to the Colts only after their move for Tim Tebow.
[Image: fmksup.gif]
sig by yours truly

BrooklynChiefsFan, post: 142063 Wrote:from Footballsfuture.com:

Top Quarterbacks
Joe Flacco (BAL) - Into the final year of his rookie contract, the Ravens still don't know what type of quarterback they have under center. They do know that no quarterback in history has won more games in their first four seasons than Joe Flacco, which is encouraging. At the very least, if the sides are too far apart-which seems unlikely based on talks in early August-the Ravens will use their franchise tag to retain him for another year for about $15 million.

Jason Campbell (CHI) - As a starter for Oakland in 2010, Campbell was becoming a fairly efficient quarterback. Similar to Alex Smith whose career has seen a revival of sorts, Campbell could benefit from strong coaching and continuity. In Chicago, he's as strong a back-up as the league has to offer and at his age, it's unlikely that many teams will offer him more than that.
Tarvaris Jackson (BUF) - After having been beat out by a 10 million dollar man (Matt Flynn) and a 3rd round pick (Russell Wilson), Jackson was traded to the Bills. As a starting quarterback a year ago, Jackson began to show some progress as a quarterback. After chances in Minnesota and Seattle, it's unreasonable to believe he'll ever go into camp as a starter for a playoff contender. With mobility and enough playmaking ability, he is a strong back-upÑhis current role in Buffalo.

Matt Moore (MIA) - It didn't take long for Ryan Tannehill to beat out Moore as the Dolphins' starter. As a leftover from the previous regime, it seems unlikely that he'll remain in Miami through the next offseason. Matt Moore is a fairly reliable game manager with the capability of making just enough plays to scrape out a win or two here and there. After Jason Campbell, Moore may be a top option for teams looking for #2's on their roster.

Drew Stanton (IND) - In limited playing time, Stanton displayed leadership and enough playmaking skills to warrant serious looks as a back-up. With mobility and the arm talent to make NFL-level throws, he can lead an offense to points. There is definite interest in Stanton around the league after initially signing with the Jets and being traded to the Colts only after their move for Tim Tebow.

All crap but Flacco and theres not way BAL will let him go
[Image: Rick%26MortyS02_Header_REF.png]
If we dont draft one this year Ill put my fandom in hiatus. I have other things in life that also intrest me that dont make me feel like shit once (or twice) a week. Theres just NO way I can cheer for another team.
[Image: Rick%26MortyS02_Header_REF.png]
I don't think that the QBs that are coming out are worth the overall #1-5... so I would hope we could trade down, still draft a QB and get more from a bad year. I think that Cassel could be retained as a back up if he reworked his contract. If not, say good bye! There are backups to be had in FA that are much less expensive and have equal suck level.
[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!
#1, #5, #10, #20 whatever. It doesn't matter anymore. Contracts are pre-baked and they are not the albatross they once were. The rookie payscale removes a lot of the "worth it" aspect in my opinion and the only thing having #1 overall affords us is taking the guy who we want, with no outside interference. We need a QB. I don't care if the guy should really come off the board somewhere around 17. We are gonna pick at 1 or 2 and QB is the position of most need. We gotta take him there and deal with it. Top flight QB is Top flight QB. Doesn't matter what slot he was drafted in. Trading down and hoping your favorite is still there is riskier than drafting the guy in the first place. If we don't have enough conviction about one guy in particular and we can deal with whoever drops to us, then someone didn't do their homework
[Image: fmksup.gif]
sig by yours truly

The pay scale is still the pay scale... a rookie #1 pick gets paid more than a rookie #5 or #10 etc. If you can get a third round pick plus a low first round why would you over pay for a decent QB. This year is not like last year, you don't have people saying OMG... this guy is a lock... period.
[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!