Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs 2022 Offseason Thread

For some STUPID fucking reason I saw the old Brock Lesnar story pop up again a few places. Why am I irritated? No one is asking the most painfully obvious question.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2022/04/...ight-2004/

Dear Nate Burleson,

Brock Lesnar played defense, correct? How in the ever-loving fuck is he supposed to attack someone for "cheap-shotting" Culpepper? When did he, as a defender, line up against another defender? Did he just go in for an offensive rep?

How the hell do multiple outlets re-examine this story and copy and paste it with not even 1 RPM of brain motor going to recognize this?

I've always hated that story, especially people trying to excuse a roided out terrible person's actions. Fuck Brock!

(04-04-2022, 09:34 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  For some STUPID fucking reason I saw the old Brock Lesnar story pop up again a few places. Why am I irritated? No one is asking the most painfully obvious question.

Dear Nate Burleson,

Brock Lesnar played defense, correct? How in the ever-loving fuck is he supposed to attack someone for "cheap-shotting" Culpepper? When did he, as a defender, line up against another defender? Did he just go in for an offensive rep?

How the hell do multiple outlets re-examine this story and copy and paste it with not even 1 RPM of brain motor going to recognize this?

I've always hated that story, especially people trying to excuse a roided out terrible person's actions. Fuck Brock!
I think you are taking what he is saying wrong...  He was saying Brock heard Culpepper was cheap shotted and asked "who did it"... then the rest is what it was.
“You remember Brock Lesnar, WWE?” Burleson said, “He came out, and somebody cheap-shotted Daunte Culpepper late, and Brock was like, ‘Who did it?’ The next play, he went and suplexed a guy. Different type of nasty, but he picked up a grown man, and after the play, it was a Royal Rumble Minnesota and Kansas City in Mankato during training camp. That was a nasty suplex on the football field.”

“You remember Brock Lesnar, WWE?” Burleson said, “He came out, and somebody cheap-shotted Daunte Culpepper late, and Brock was like, ‘Who did it?’ The next play, he went and suplexed a guy. Different type of nasty, but he picked up a grown man, and after the play, it was a Royal Rumble Minnesota and Kansas City in Mankato during training camp. That was a nasty suplex on the football field.”

[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!

(04-04-2022, 02:31 PM)mabbott Wrote:  
(04-04-2022, 09:34 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  For some STUPID fucking reason I saw the old Brock Lesnar story pop up again a few places. Why am I irritated? No one is asking the most painfully obvious question.

Dear Nate Burleson,

I think you are taking what he is saying wrong...  He was saying Brock heard Culpepper was cheap shotted and asked "who did it"... then the rest is what it was.

I see what you're saying, and I will say that being the case they should have clarified better. It's still an incredibly stupid story.

Chiefs are signing free agent former Colts DT Taylor Stallworth to a 1 year deal.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2022/4/4/...stallworth

This is the smart way to use FA before the draft. You raise your floor, make sure you aren't completely screwed at a position if the player you want isn't there in the draft. You also make sure you aren't so heavily invested in veterans you can't justify drafting a player that does fall in you lap.

He was a good rotational piece for them that is coming off of his best year, so we might get a solid year out of him seeking that next contract.

Adding him as depth works for me. I wouldn't really expect much, but I would be happy with no missed tackles like he had last year!

Random tidbit, it turns out that Travis Kelce leads the league in receiving yards since 2016

https://www.thecoldwire.com/travis-kelce...-catchers/

Factor in the Tight Ends tend to play later in their careers than wideouts, it'd be real easy to argue we just traded our #2 receiver for 5 draft picks.

Trust me, I'm not just rationalizing. Even though I think we'll have some moments we sorely miss Hill, I'm incredibly excited about this draft!

Word on the street is the Chiefs aren't seriously pursuing any of the big name wideouts that are supposedly out as trade bait, whether it's DK, Ridley, Lockett, AJ Brown, "Scary" Terry McLaurin, or now Deebo.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2022/4/21...-long-shot

Personally, the way I look at it we don't have a lot of wideouts under contract beyond this year. All of our main receivers besides MVS are slated to be UFAs next offseason. I feel we have decent enough WRs for this season, though we could certainly improve some on the front end. However, what we really need is guys to complete our roster and develop while being cheaper options.

I guess what I'm saying is that while I'm not opposed to a big trade, I also don't see the immediate need for it. Several of those guys I think would be tremendous fits in our system because they have a wide berth of skills, but this is a solid WR class as I understand.

Patrick even mentioned in a recent article I read that the size of our new guys compared to our previous receivers really impressed him while practicing together, made some of what he thought were overthrows turn into catches. While no one guy is going to be an improvement over Hill, I could see it being a mild improvement overall.

I think it'd serve Patrick well to get some more possession receivers, or at the very least height, so long as we still have enough speed (Hardman, MVS) to take the top of the defense and keep them honest.

Was just watching a mock draft on NFL Network when I saw them pose a potential trade. It had the Chiefs seeking the #2 overall pick in exchange for #29, #30, and OT Andrew Wylie.

I couldn't hear the tv because the Mexican restaurant I was in was playing mumble rap (took me 2 songs in to realize it was in Spanish), but I found this interesting. At this point Aidan Hutchinson and Kayvon Thibodeaux were still on the board.

I doubt this trade would happen irl because I think even with Wylie Offensive Tackle is a low key need since Niang won't be available to start the season, but it shows how wide our options really are.

I can't imagine going into the top 10 mich less the 2 spot.

Also, there's no way that's enough to get to 2.

I don't see us going in that high as well... I could see if we got a great deal in a trade but this draft seems like a great draft to add depth and needed DL and CB.