Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs 2022 Offseason Thread

According to Adam Schefter, the Jets weren't offering a 1st rounder for Hill.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2022/03/...ound-pick/

Chiefs would have gotten picks 35, 38, and 69
Jets would have gotten Hill and 103

That's roughly the same value as Miami offered according to a draft value chart, just concentrated into 3 picks all this year. They let Hill decide which team to go to.

(03-23-2022, 04:31 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  According to Adam Schefter, the Jets weren't offering a 1st rounder for Hill.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2022/03/...ound-pick/

Chiefs would have gotten picks 35, 38, and 69
Jets would have gotten Hill and 103

That's roughly the same value as Miami offered according to a draft value chart, just concentrated into 3 picks all this year. They let Hill decide which team to go to.

1.29 isn't great, but not even getting a first rounder for Hill would've been embarrassing.  Like, no sportstalk shows for at least a week kinda bad.

Chiefs are signing former Packers WR Marquez Valdez-Scantling.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2022/03/...ng-signed/

It's a 3 year, #30M deal. He's 27, never had a 700 yard season, but has a 6'4", 205 lb. frame with 4.3 speed.

I fucking LOVE this move. I think he could flourish with Mahomes and his playground style of ball.

Signing mvs is a good move with the circumstances. But it's not like he was playing with a scrub qb and it just seemed like rodgers was hesitant to consistently throw the ball to mvs.

But to get 3 years of mvs at the same price of one year of tyreek is a pretty good move. I'd rather have kept tyreek but still

(03-25-2022, 05:45 AM)tyecopeland Wrote:  Signing mvs is a good move with the circumstances. But it's not like he was playing with a scrub qb and it just seemed like rodgers was hesitant to consistently throw the ball to mvs.

But to get 3 years of mvs at the same price of one year of tyreek is a pretty good move. I'd rather have kept tyreek but still

The big thing multiple fans of other AFC West teams have told me is they think they can defend the Chiefs differently without Tyreek. I don't think that's true at all.

MVS is a legit deep threat that will keep teams defending deep and give Kelce room to work the middle, especially in combination with Mecole. Schematically it's a great fit and he meant a lot more to the Packers than his raw numbers.

Like you were saying about the price, this is an offseason where also unproven Christian Kirk got a 4 year, $72M contract and this looks almost like a steal for 60% of that price.

One complaint I've seen is he only has about a 50% catch rate. While this is true catch rate does not necessarily equal drop rate. Depending upon which advanced stats site you believe MVS either had 1 drop or 0 drops last season. Rodgers would often heave prayers to MVS, whether it was a key 3rd and long or a random 2nd down. It's why he had yards per catch over 20 in 2020.

(03-25-2022, 11:09 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(03-25-2022, 05:45 AM)tyecopeland Wrote:  Signing mvs is a good move with the circumstances. But it's not like he was playing with a scrub qb and it just seemed like rodgers was hesitant to consistently throw the ball to mvs.

The big thing multiple fans of other AFC West teams have told me is they think they can defend the Chiefs differently without Tyreek. I don't think that's true at all.

MVS is a legit deep threat that will keep teams defending deep and give Kelce room to work the middle, especially in combination with Mecole. Schematically it's a great fit and he meant a lot more to the Packers than his raw numbers.

Like you were saying about the price, this is an offseason where also unproven Christian Kirk got a 4 year, $72M contract and this looks almost like a steal for 60% of that price.

One complaint I've seen is he only has about a 50% catch rate. While this is true catch rate does not necessarily equal drop rate. Depending upon which advanced stats site you believe MVS either had 1 drop or 0 drops last season. Rodgers would often heave prayers to MVS, whether it was a key 3rd and long or a random 2nd down. It's why he had yards per catch over 20 in 2020.
His catch rate is a bit skewed.  If you look at the situations he was put in, they were not easy catches.  A lot of Tyreek's passes were bubble screens, short passes, etc that aid in a higher catch rate.  MVS was used as a downfield, contested catches kind of player.  
One thing I noticed was separation, I am hoping that he will continue to improve on this as this is something we have missed from our WR depth.

[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!

Chiefs to sign RB Ronald Jones to a 1 year deal

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2022/03/...es-signed/

I'm not a huge fan of Jones, but I still think that's a pretty solid 1-2 with CEH.

(03-26-2022, 10:05 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  Chiefs to sign RB Ronald Jones to a 1 year deal

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2022/03/...es-signed/

I'm not a huge fan of Jones, but I still think that's a pretty solid 1-2 with CEH.
I agree with you, I am not a fan; however, I feel he adds to the team.  I just hope he doesn't bring the ball security issues with him.

Give the ball to Derrick Gore.

(03-28-2022, 02:11 PM)NOLA Wrote:  Give the ball to Derrick Gore.
Hopefully he will show that he has a better grasp of the playbook and will block!