Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs vs. Raiders, Week 14

BTW, I did want to mention real quick about the unreliable nature of many advanced stats.

I was just reading a post mortem article from the Raiders perspective from our MNF win over them where while desperately digging away with their wretched claws for anything positive, and they said Maxx Crosby was a bright point because PFF (Pro Football Focus) said he had 7 Pressures, which would be a good day even without a sack. When I checked on PFR (Pro Football Reference) though they said he had 4 pressures.

That's obviously a huge and almost irreconcilable difference. Let's face it, scouts geek out sometimes just like fans. They fall in love with certain players and certain play styles. Just like how a fan can see holding on every play even if it's within the framework and totally legal, an advanced stat nerd can see "pressure" on every play.

So, just consider that when we're looking at "pressures" or "interceptable balls" or any number of other things. There's often a reason these aren't official stats.

Crushed them even worse this time. Seems to be the only team our offense has really cracked here recently. Worst beat down in the rivalry.

They deserved the beating! It was great to see our whole team play well! What a fun game to watch!

[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!

I told Mrs. AKB that I wish I could have brought her to a more competitive game. Absolute destruction.

(12-13-2021, 12:00 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  I told Mrs. AKB that I wish I could have brought her to a more competitive game. Absolute destruction.
Nah. My wife and I went to the green bay game. This one would have been a lot more fun.

(12-13-2021, 01:46 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  
(12-13-2021, 12:00 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  I told Mrs. AKB that I wish I could have brought her to a more competitive game. Absolute destruction.
Nah. My wife and I went to the green bay game. This one would have been a lot more fun.

Yeah, I meant that as a joke. Forgot to use the sarcasm font.

It was basically one big party and she had a blast. They did the wave and it lasted about 10 or so times around the stadium. I hate the wave, but it definitely shows the attitude of the crowd and they were loving the game.

(12-13-2021, 01:56 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(12-13-2021, 01:46 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  

Yeah, I meant that as a joke. Forgot to use the sarcasm font.

It was basically one big party and she had a blast. They did the wave and it lasted about 10 or so times around the stadium. I hate the wave, but it definitely shows the attitude of the crowd and they were loving the game.
I got the sarcasm. Don't worry.