Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs vs. Broncos, Week 13 - SNF

I'm dead tired. I'm still vaguely recovering from a stomach flu, I still have Christmas decorations to put up, my mom's dog had to be put to sleep due to cancer, and I just ain't feeling it right now.

So here's the basics. The Broncos, even without Von Miller, still have a for real defense. Their offense is garbage and injuries just made it worse. I think our defense has shown enough competence to expect success. I think our offense is far more likely to scratch together enough points to win than theirs.

I dunno. I'm feeling a dominate performance. I think this team needed a bye week to get the offense ironed out. Add that plus reids post bye week record and our emerging defense, i think this team is about to go on a tear.

[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates

Teddy Bridgewater is having a career year and has already matched his touchdown season high of 15, that must mean it is time for a collaspe.

I feel that our defense has found its rhythm and as long as Spags doesn't put Sorenson in man coverage we will continue to do well.

It is definitely time for our offense to play a complete game well. We are to our Division stretch and still have the opportunity to get the #1 seed.

Seriously, after watching the Ravens offense it is not scary at all. The touchdowns in between 4 interceptions by Lamar were simply throw it up and hope Edwards adjusts his route and catches the fly ball.

[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!

(11-30-2021, 11:49 AM)mabbott Wrote:  Teddy Bridgewater is having a career year and has already matched his touchdown season high of 15, that must mean it is time for a collaspe.

I feel that our defense has found its rhythm and as long as Spags doesn't put Sorenson in man coverage we will continue to do well.

It is definitely time for our offense to play a complete game well.  We are to our Division stretch and still have the opportunity to get the #1 seed.

Seriously, after watching the Ravens offense it is not scary at all.  The touchdowns in between 4 interceptions by Lamar were simply throw it up and hope Edwards adjusts his route and catches the fly ball.

Teddy is among the hurt and might not play. We'll see a little more clearly when the Injury Report comes out, but the Broncos could come in limping.

I don't think most fans realize there's only one team with less losses than the Chiefs and that's the Ravens. I do not feel threatened by them either based on recent performances, but they've got a head-to-head win and a game up on the Chiefs. I don't think any of these other 4 loss teams are preventing the Chiefs from improving their playoff seeding, but it's up to the Chiefs to win first and foremost.

(11-30-2021, 11:20 AM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  I dunno. I'm feeling a dominate performance. I think this team needed a bye week to get the offense ironed out. Add that plus reids post bye week record and our emerging defense, i think this team is about to go on a tear.

As disappointing as some feel the offense has been it's all relative and it's still easily the best in the AFC West. Chiefs under-performing still makes them a top 10 scoring offense while no one else in the AFC West is in the top half of the league. Going by yards, they are the #2 offense.

While every team is over .500 at the moment, the Chiefs easily have more balance. The defense has been decent overall (13th scoring D) awesome lately, 10 points per game over the last 3 games. The Broncos have the worst offense in the division. The Chargers (29th) and Raiders (30th) scoring defenses are terrible and are actually getting worse as of late.

I just don't have any realistic fear that the Chiefs won't win the division barring key injuries because these other teams are far more deeply flawed and have been fortunate to be where they are at. If the Chiefs play closer to their potential on offense the entire AFC needs to watch out.

(12-01-2021, 09:39 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(11-30-2021, 11:49 AM)mabbott Wrote:  Teddy Bridgewater is having a career year and has already matched his touchdown season high of 15, that must mean it is time for a collaspe.

It is definitely time for our offense to play a complete game well.  We are to our Division stretch and still have the opportunity to get the #1 seed.

Seriously, after watching the Ravens offense it is not scary at all.  The touchdowns in between 4 interceptions by Lamar were simply throw it up and hope Edwards adjusts his route and catches the fly ball.

Teddy is among the hurt and might not play. We'll see a little more clearly when the Injury Report comes out, but the Broncos could come in limping.

I don't think most fans realize there's only one team with less losses than the Chiefs and that's the Ravens. I do not feel threatened by them either based on recent performances, but they've got a head-to-head win and a game up on the Chiefs. I don't think any of these other 4 loss teams are preventing the Chiefs from improving their playoff seeding, but it's up to the Chiefs to win first and foremost.
I would rather see Teddy than Love.  Love can be dangerous... that can be good or bad lol

[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!

(11-30-2021, 11:20 AM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  I dunno. I'm feeling a dominate performance. I think this team needed a bye week to get the offense ironed out. Add that plus reids post bye week record and our emerging defense, i think this team is about to go on a tear.

My fantasy team would sure appreciate it if Mahomes and co have finally gotten their shit together here for the stretch run.

(12-01-2021, 09:39 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  

If the Patriots get by the bills they've got us crushed in conference record tie breaker. So every team has the tiebreaker over us. If we win out, the best case scenario is that the pats-bills split their series leaving them each with one more loss than us. The bills could easily lose to the Buccaneers and the Patriots could lose to the Colts too. So we've got chances to move up in seedimg even if we drop another game.

Chiefs place RB Jet McKinnon and DT Khalen Saunders on IR

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2021/11/...d-reserve/

Jet has a hamstring issue, Saunders has a knee issue and hasn't played for several weeks already, but either could be back in time for a playoff push. Kyle Long and Marcus Kemp are going to be activated. It's also possible veteran OL Mike Remmers or rookie DE Joshua Kaindoh return this week.

Wasn't at the game. I'll have to ask my cousin whether he saw the fire on his way out.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2021/12/...arsely-api