Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Are we a bad football team?

(11-02-2021, 11:17 AM)NOLA Wrote:  Welcome to the Chiefs, Melvin Ingram?

Only a 6th rounder and the $ is minimal (~$600k), especially considering the way top 51 contracts works. I'm sure some fans will complain that we should have just signed him to start with, but the Steelers are eating over $3M to trade him for next to nothing. As far as rentals go, this is painless.

I'm not saying this fixes everything, but I'm all about this move.

Nice acquisition....just hope Spaz utilizes him correctly.

(11-02-2021, 11:59 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  

Only a 6th rounder and the $ is minimal (~$600k), especially considering the way top 51 contracts works. I'm sure some fans will complain that we should have just signed him to start with, but the Steelers are eating over $3M to trade him for next to nothing. As far as rentals go, this is painless.

I'm not saying this fixes everything, but I'm all about this move.

Cool.  Yeah, I'm generally a fan of any trade that causes the team trading the player to eat the salary to unload them.  As you say, this is a painless rental.

(11-02-2021, 12:03 PM)chiefsfaninky Wrote:  
Nice acquisition....just hope Spaz utilizes him correctly.

Hold your breath?

Spags is a dumb for continually putting Sorenson in man coverage when he just can't do it. I totally get trying something out, but when it doesn't work, stop it and try something else. I am hoping Ingram can add another element to our pass rush as it seems that we can do it when needed but not often enough. I am honestly curious if the defense/pass rush is hesitant because we were bad against the run and are waiting too long to decide.

Our offense has so much room for improvement. We need to take what defenses are giving us. If they want to let us slowly move the ball down the field, then so be it. Give the Defense more time to rest and wear their defense out. If they keep mixing Gore into the game plan, it will help Mahomes. CEH hasn't been a breaking tackle kind of back that is needed against solid run teams, Gore looks to be that back.

Our receivers not catching balls that are in their hands is horrible and the turnovers need to stop.

I wouldn't say we are a bad team, I consider us an average team... the fact that we have so much talent and are average is disappointing.

[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!

Well our chances just went up for beating the Packers!!!

Someone needs to start the game day thread so we can discuss that development.

Good news everyone!

I was wrong.

[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates

(12-31-2021, 01:26 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  Good news everyone!

I was wrong.
It is a great thing to be wrong about!

I think this team will be a disappointment if they don't reach the SB, but it certainly put some perspective on things going through that rough patch.