Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs @ Titans, Week 7

This was a horrible game. Watching our defense leads me to believe that Spags scheme doesn't work. They continuously use slant routes to move the ball down the field. Screen passes are almost always a first down against us.

The offense was just abysmal. Watching them fail to convert and seeing dumb turnovers allowed me to move onto other things early in the day. I get it the Mahomes wants to make the impact plays and throughout his career he has been making them time and time again. This year it is not working, whether it is that defenses are just staying with the receivers more or his scramble passes aren't as accurate, but this year it isn't working out. It might be just me, but his decision making seems to be off. Normally when he would stay in the pocket, he bails, and when he should bail, he waits too long. Mahomes is an easy fix, after a game like this I would be surprised to see him not play great next Monday.

Looking at the schedule ahead, unless some miracle happens, I can easily see us losing 2-3 out of the next four games.

[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!

I can't say I watched much of the 2nd half but the defense stopped Henry from 100 yards, and the titans didn't score in the 2nd half. And I know the offense had like 50 yards in the first half. So was this loss really on the defense?

(10-25-2021, 01:17 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  I can't say I watched much of the 2nd half but the defense stopped Henry from 100 yards, and the titans didn't score in the 2nd half. And I know the offense had like 50 yards in the first half. So was this loss really on the defense?

This was a complete team loss. Everyone is responsible from Andy down.

[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates

(10-25-2021, 01:17 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  I can't say I watched much of the 2nd half but the defense stopped Henry from 100 yards, and the titans didn't score in the 2nd half. And I know the offense had like 50 yards in the first half. So was this loss really on the defense?
When I am speaking of the Defense, I am referring to all year.  When we need to make a stop, they don't and it is incredible how many yards offenses are getting using a screen pass.

[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!

God help me, I think I have to start blaming Mahomes a bit here. I was thinking the o-line wasn't playing well despite all the investments (though I remain convinced Remmers is a liability), but Dan Orlovsky rightly pointed out that Mahomes has gotten happy feet and is very quick to keep dropping back and then eventually scrambling when he has a perfectly clean pocket if he would just climb it a bit instead.

(10-26-2021, 05:22 PM)NOLA Wrote:  God help me, I think I have to start blaming Mahomes a bit here.  I was thinking the o-line wasn't playing well despite all the investments (though I remain convinced Remmers is a liability), but Dan Orlovsky rightly pointed out that Mahomes has gotten happy feet and is very quick to keep dropping back and then eventually scrambling when he has a perfectly clean pocket if he would just climb it a bit instead.

I have been a little concerned that he just doesn't feel comfortable in a pocket. Last year it was pointed out that he likes to drop back too far. There were a couple times mahomes was sacked because he dropped back to far and the defenders just met him there. It wasn't on the oline.

This is the video i was thinking of.