Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs vs Bills, Week 5 SNF

Going back to the week 6 regular season matchup between these two teams last year, CEH ran for 161 yards on 26 carries. The Chiefs as a team ran for 245 yards and only passed for 225. While I don't expect that type of game plan again this week, the coaches have made it a point to run the ball more in the past two weeks as CEH has broke the century mark on the ground two weeks in a row. Expect a healthy dose of CEH behind our new o line as we matriculate the ball down the field and limit some of our defenses ineptitude.

Speaking of the defense. We won't be expected to stop the bills very often, but I'm HOPING that we will get some players back and I'm HOPING that it will make some difference. Josh Allen is continuing to play at a high level but he can still be goaded into making mistakes. It's very possible that this game comes down to who had to kick a field goal or made one extra mistake. 

I'll take the Chiefs by 6 in front of the home crowd.

Gracias for making the thread. I'll have some analysis later.

Thanks again, tye. Understand starting the thread is now your duty until the Chief lose at least once.

We are Their Super Bowl
The Chiefs have a real way of sticking in the craw of some of these AFC teams. Some of the best competition the Chiefs have in the AFC have nothing but bad memories in recent years, and a couple close wins by the Ravens and Dolts don't really change that much. All a Chiefs fan would need to do is say the word "playoffs" and either fanbase is left reeling.

It's hard taking everyone's best shot, being a mini-Super Bowl for so many wannabes. A feather in their cap for when they're on their couch or Acapouco crying into their all-inclusive drink. But it's high time for the Chiefs to get back on that track.

Perhaps no one is more in the "we want revenge" camp than the Bills. It's easy to forget just how embarrassing the AFCCG was for them, jumping out to a 9-0 lead, thinking they had a shot if not even an advantage, then watching us shit on their hopes for the next 3 quarters as Kelce and Hill annihilated their secondary for a combined stat line of 22 catches, 290 yards, 13.2 ypc, and 2 TDs.

It was so embarrassing the Bills let it get out of control and started committing stupid personal foul penalties towards the end of the game, venting frustrations while demonstrating their lack of penile length and girth. It was a small dick move, that's what I'm saying.

Don't think for a moment that we aren't still in their head. Are they going to shrivel up again?

St. Mary's School For the Blind
I have a healthy respect for the Bills team. I don't respect the competition they've faced thus far. The Bills have faced the Steelers, the Dolphins, the Football Team, and Texans. Yes, they've had some blowout wins against a couple of those teams that'll really give them that boost in the BCS rankings, but is the fetid corpse of Big Ben the best QB they've faced? Tua isn't great and got hurt and I'm not even sure I know who's QBing for either the Team or the Texans.

It's a fact that any time a team faces Patrick Mahomes for the first time that season it's the best QB they've faced so far.

It's not just a question of are the Bills for real. I think they are to at least a significant extent. But are they at all prepared? St. Mary's School for the blind is not an appropriate tune up game for 'Bama.

Choose Your Destructor
The Bills have tried a couple different methods to beat the Chiefs last year. They went to the extreme, blitzing exactly zero times in the regular season week 5 game and got destroyed on the ground for it. Then they chose to stop the run and get pressure with more blitzes while having a number of lucky bounces and still failed. Even against what was already a patchwork line without a healthy lead back, they managed a single sack all game.

If the Bills want this to be a different game they have to have some different efforts. They improved their d-line, but they should be facing a far superior o-line to what they saw in the AFCCG. Can they get pressure without constant blitzes, and even if they do does it just mean CEH ruins them again?

While recently the "sit back and let Mahomes pick you apart" tactic has had some success due to some uncharacteristic turnovers, it's not exactly a bulletproof plan and most of his young career proves that. The only thing worse is being too aggressive.

Red on red tomorrow night.

(10-09-2021, 12:12 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  Red on red tomorrow night.

Sweet!

Well, last night was the culmination of a team not showing up together. The first half the defense played like garbage. I don't see what Spags finds valuable in Sorenson, he seems more of a liability with missed tackles and horrible coverage.

The second half when the defense showed up, the offense and special teams promptly gives them the ball back three times in a row.

Some of the calls the refs made were so bad, I don't blame the game on the refs; however, the roughing the passer call not only took away a turnover, but led to them scoring more points.

The schedule looks favorable compared to what we have faced thus far. The Chargers are on a roll of finding ways to win and the only saving grace from this weekend is that the Raiders played worse than we did.

It is hard to believe that we are a solid last place going into week 6.

[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!

(10-07-2021, 05:32 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  Thanks again, tye. Understand starting the thread is now your duty until the Chief lose at least once.
That didn't take long.

(10-11-2021, 11:26 AM)mabbott Wrote:  Well, last night was the culmination of a team not showing up together.  The first half the defense played like garbage.  I don't see what Spags finds valuable in Sorenson, he seems more of a liability with missed tackles and horrible coverage.

The second half when the defense showed up, the offense and special teams promptly gives them the ball back three times in a row.

Some of the calls the refs made were so bad, I don't blame the game on the refs; however, the roughing the passer call not only took away a turnover, but led to them scoring more points.

The schedule looks favorable compared to what we have faced thus far.  The Chargers are on a roll of finding ways to win and the only saving grace from this weekend is that the Raiders played worse than we did.

I still think Sorensen is valuable, but if I never see him in coverage past 5 years again I would be perfectly happy. Also think we'll be 5-3 by the packers game. Of course I have no confidence in them to win that game but we are a better team than the next 3 opponents.

(10-11-2021, 11:38 AM)tyecopeland Wrote:  
(10-11-2021, 11:26 AM)mabbott Wrote:  Well, last night was the culmination of a team not showing up together.  The first half the defense played like garbage.  I don't see what Spags finds valuable in Sorenson, he seems more of a liability with missed tackles and horrible coverage.

The schedule looks favorable compared to what we have faced thus far.  The Chargers are on a roll of finding ways to win and the only saving grace from this weekend is that the Raiders played worse than we did.

I still think Sorensen is valuable, but if I never see him in coverage past 5 years again I would be perfectly happy. Also think we'll be 5-3 by the packers game. Of course I have no confidence in them to win that game but we are a better team than the next 3 opponents.
I see his value as a situational player.  That is when he seems to shine.  When he is in a zone he seems to do better.  He just seems to be getting worse when it comes to solid tackling and any juke just makes him whiff.  Thornhill is a much better safety, I firmly believe he should be starting and playing more than Sorenson.

[Image: 57agPlO.png]
Pure blind luck... it's been protecting children from fire for centuries!

(10-11-2021, 11:35 AM)tyecopeland Wrote:  
(10-07-2021, 05:32 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  Thanks again, tye. Understand starting the thread is now your duty until the Chief lose at least once.
That didn't take long.

Actual lol. 

I might give it a try this week... I sat through Saints@WFT yesterday.